Belden is a leading global provider of high-quality signalling solutions. The company produces and sells a comprehensive portfolio of connectivity and networking products into a variety of markets, including industrial, enterprise, and broadcast. With innovative solutions for the reliable and secure transmission of steadily growing data volumes for audio and video information needed for modern applications, Belden plays a key role in the global transformation towards a networked world. Belden maintains manufacturing facilities in North America, Asia and Europe and is represented in almost all regions of the world.
The company has grown dramatically in the last few years, with multiple acquisitions and is definitely pursuing growth. The company’s growth offers significant career opportunities for high performing associates.
The Corporate Tax Department for EMEA is located in Venlo, the Netherlands. For this location we are recruiting a Tax Manager. This position will become a member of the Corporate Tax Department which globally consists of 17 members of which 3 currently located in Venlo. You will report to the Director, Tax EMEA.
Tasks & responsibilities:
· Assist in global and regional tax planning initiatives, restructurings and M&A;
· Assist in preparation and review of transfer pricing documentation, calculations and implementation;
· Represent the company’s position and interest in discussions with external advisors and tax authorities;
· Collaborate with Treasury, Accounting and Legal departments enhancing the company’s access to capital and cash in target locations;
· Various US GAAP tax accounting activities, such as quarterly analyses of corporate income tax provisions, return to provision calculations, uncertain tax provision analysis (i.e. ASC 740-10 / “FIN 48”) and other ad-hoc analyses;
· Prepare and review monthly cash tax forecasts and manage cash tax payments for EMEA group entities;
· Manage and support local corporate income tax compliance of EMEA group entities (the actual tax returns are prepared externally) and support the US tax return process;
· Manage and support external tax audits
· Approximately 5-8 years relevant experience in a tax advisory firm, multinational enterprise or tax authorities;
· Master degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics;
· Good in English is essential and other European languages (especially Dutch and German) will be a considerable asset;
· Excellent project management skills and willingness to take a hands-on approach, as necessary;
· Excellent numerical skills. Experience with US GAAP tax accounting is no must;
· Self-starting, proven team player capable of prioritizing own work and/or problems simultaneously, used to working in a complex and dynamic environment;
· Structured, organized individual who is capable of successfully handling multiple tasks and quickly grasping complicated situations