Reference Number 3936
Amsterdam, Bergen op Zoom, Sittard-Geleen
Finance & Control
The tax controllership team is part of the Financial Reporting & Controllership group with accountability for the income tax positions in the consolidated and the local statutory financial statements of all entities in the SABIC group.
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Analyst supports the global tax controllership team with all activities related to income tax accounting, reporting, controls and forecasting.
· Support the tax accounting closing processes in all regions (Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle-East and Africa, and Americas)
· Maintain the OneSource Tax Provision tool and provide technical support to all SABIC users
· Maintain internal control documentation for tax accounting and reporting
· Drive for continuous improvements in data quality, technology and processes in the tax accounting, controllership and reporting area
· Assist with the income tax provision calculation and disclosures for the local statutory financial statements in the regions
· Prepare/ review the local GAAP-to-Stat and Stat-to-Tax reconciliations, ensuring a solid basis for the annual return-to-provision analyses and deferred income tax positions
· Support with internal recurring and ad-hoc tax accounting analyses and reporting
· Coordinate/ execute various Global Tax initiatives, including interim and annual TP adjustments, impacting the ledgers and financial statements of SABIC entities
· Bachelor degree in Accounting - must be an accountant, not a tax lawyer/ advisor
· Minimum of 3 years of IAS 12 / ASC 740 income tax accounting experience with a large multi-national company or Big 4 public accounting firm
· Excellent analytical skills – must be able to analyse, not just compile information
· Hands-on mentality and high level of attention to details, but with an ability to understand and work toward the bigger picture
· Superior skill level with MS Excel, SAP and tax provision software (OneSource Tax Provision preferred)
· Self-starter, self-confident and motivated
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate, develop relationships and partner effectively across a large organization
For more information about this role you can contact: Ton Brands, Recruiter at +31(0)615822931
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets.