Requisition ID 17561
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
DSM Group Taxation (GTx) defines the fiscal strategies and policies for the DSM Group as a whole as well as for the Business Groups and their respective legal and organizational entities. GTx, a global team of approx. 20 people located in the Netherlands, China, India, US and Switzerland, closely monitors developments in national and international tax law and co-operates with local governments as well as private bodies and institutions in countries where DSM businesses operate. Currently we are looking for a high caliber:
International Indirect Tax (VAT) Manager, Heerlen/ The Netherlands, 1 FTE
Group Taxation is looking for a full-time international indirect tax manager, who will report to the Management Team of Group Taxation of DSM headquarters in Heerlen/the Netherlands.
Major Tasks and responsibilities:
· Monitor and identify pro-actively potential VAT issues and opportunities for DSM’s Business Groups;
· Organize and maintain VAT Tax Control Framework (Shared Service Center set-up)
· Guide Business Groups regarding developments in VAT Law and the impact/opportunities thereof;
· Advise Business Groups regarding their VAT policy, VAT control framework, VAT organization etc.;
· Advise Business Groups on the customs impact of the various business models;
· Coordinate and guide local VAT audits;
· Act as single point of contact regarding VAT for amongst others Dutch Tax Authorities;
· Communicate & coordinate with internal stakeholders & external service providers;
· Maintain an expert center to support Business Groups in all VAT issues and provide training to stakeholders.
· University degree in Tax Law or Economics (or similar higher education) with specialization in Indirect Tax (VAT) with proficiency in English;
· Preferably around 10 years of experience in (inter)national indirect tax (VAT), in-house or consultancy;
· Experience with Shared Service Center Indirect Tax set-up;
· Affinity indirect Tax IT/Data solutions is a pre;
· Interested in working together with colleagues from different cultures;
· Able to operate in a multi-disciplinary setting with conflicting interests;
· Business oriented with strong communication skills and analytical skills;
· An excellent team player with ability to multitask and prioritize, showing outstanding leadership and networking skills;
· Persistent on principles but practical in finding solutions and result-driven;
· Willingness to travel.
The Procedure and Contact:
Interested in this position? Please apply online and send us your cv and cover letter in English.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.