Job ID SRC11062017ITA
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As an Indirect Tax analyst you will report to the Indirect Tax manager, managing compliance obligations in the EMEA region, liaising with various internal and external stakeholders on complex Value Added Tax (VAT) matters and assisting on cross-functional projects:
· Supporting with miscellaneous VAT queries - from the business, auditors and/or tax authorities, providing VAT technical support;
· Fulfil VAT reporting requirements for the Dutch fiscal group (VAT and ECSL reporting), ensures reported numbers are accurate in compliance with regulations;
· Increase the level of control thru VAT compliance analytics & self-audit initiatives;
· Assist in managing VAT compliance thru systems, part of various VAT automation projects & initiatives;
· Monitoring and maximizing the VAT recovery potential in EMEA region – e.g. monitoring recovery trends, bringing visibility on aging items and embedded non-recoverability risks;
· Liaise with the Controlling team and assist with queries on the VAT account reconciliations.
· Degree in tax law or fiscal economics and at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience gained in multinational in-house environment or tax advisory role;
· Knowledge of European VAT law & VAT compliance obligations;
· Excellent analytical skills & high attention to details;
· Excellent communication skills in English;
· Experience with SAP considered as strong advantage.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.