GBI is a mid-sized European bank established in Amsterdam, the Netherlands since 1990 and serves to retail, corporate and institutional clientele. GBI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Turkiye Garanti Bankasi A.S. (Garanti) and has presence in Germany, Switzerland and Turkey. Our ultimate parent is BBVA.
Main commercial activities of GBI are international trade finance, private banking, structured finance and corporate and commercial banking. GBI’s international growth and its commercial activities are coordinated and managed from our Head Office in Amsterdam.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Involvement in all tax related matters of GBI among others VAT, RENSAGEG, DIVIDWEP, LENSAGEG, FATCA, CRS, CIT and TP.
· Preparation of VAT declarations, and other relevant reports about above mentioned taxes
· Planning, budgeting, forecasting taxes.
· Coordination of tax issues internally and externally
· Follow up of any other tax related issue
Education and Experience:
· Sound knowledge of industry related tax regulation
· Master or Bachelor’s degree
· At least 3+ years tax experience within banking
· Understanding of banking infrastructures, applications, and businesses/products is a plus
· Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with key internal and external parties
· Able to exercise consistent judgement and document findings succinctly
· Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently while supporting the overall goals of the team
· Team player, committed to excellence and always having the Bank’s best interests in min
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize and to manage multiple simultaneous requests
· Detail oriented
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (Good command of Dutch or Turkish is an asset)
GBI offers this enjoyable yet quite challenging and demanding caree. Satisfactory primary and secondary employment conditions - 13th month salary, Holiday payment, CLA-payment, premium-free pension, 33 vacation days among others will be coming together with the career offering. You may submit your application including your CV and your cover letter to GBI’s careers website