Do you want to add value to our trading business? Enjoy working on a variety of products across the stack? Do you not shy away from taking full responsibility and seeing immediate results and feedback on your hard work? Then you might be our new In-house Tax Specialist.
Who we are
Thirty years ago, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology, employing over 1000 employees of 42 nationalities across offices in Amsterdam, Sydney, Chicago and Shanghai. How did we get here? With an unwavering focus on continuous development and our mission to improve the market.
We stick to what we’re good at: making markets in a wide range of financial products. This clear focus has always served us well. We use our own capital, at our own risk, to trade on major financial markets around the world. By constantly providing liquidity, volume and competitive prices, we contribute to the stability and smooth functioning of fair, transparent and reliable markets. Our innovative trading systems are key to our success, enabling us to respond swiftly to every change in the market.
What you'll do
Being part of our Tax team means you are responsible for:
· Analyse the tax implications of new products and strategies, more specifically on securities trading related operational taxes, like dividend withholding taxes and financial transaction taxes;
· Identify tax risks, suggest practical solutions and oversee their implementation by the business, whereby it is key to understand the securities trading business needs and to offer solutions;
· Provide tax advice to various internal stakeholders, manage tax risks and participate in projects with regard to international tax matters, corporate income taxes (including transfer pricing), VAT and wage taxes;
· Develop and embed best practice tax processes;
· Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and liaise with external advisors;
· Be part of an ambitious tax team and working on unique and challenging new projects.
What you'll need?
· An academic Master’s degree in Tax;
· Minimum 6–9 years of relevant working experience, preferably within a Big 4, a law firm and/or the tax team of a multinational;
· Ambition to (further) develop as an in-house tax specialist and eager for a steep learning curve for both technical and business skills;
· Strong interest in the financial industry; Knowledge of and/or affinity with financial markets or more specific with securities trading related taxes is a plus;
· Able to balance business and control interests;
· Sharp, confident and quality minded;
· Excellent verbal and written skills in English;
· Good communication skills;
· Analytical and structured mind;
· Hands on mentality and able to work independently;
· Excellent organizational and planning skills;
· Ability to meet critical deadlines and work under pressure;
· Flexible attitude;
· Be a good team player and communicator.
What you’ll get
Optiver is above all a state of mind. We are looking for you when you believe in daily improvement, when you like to be seriously rewarded for your performance and when you easily adapt to change and enjoy some humour and fun. To be concrete, we offer excellent remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
We are 400 highly educated professionals that work at Optiver in Amsterdam. We aim to be unrivalled in our industry, by being talented, creative and result driven. And it doesn't matter how we dress or what we believe in, as long as we exceed our and each other’s expectations.
If you are ready to apply, you can apply directly via the button below for the position of In-house Tax Specialist, please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed.