About the role
The VAT Tax Analyst is responsible for managing timely and accurately value added tax reporting and other indirect local taxes, as applicable, ensuring timely and accurate compliance for indirect tax in each country and all entities in the assigned geography. This includes the preparation, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the following tasks, while ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and targets:
1. Manage the value added tax reporting compliance, including other indirect local taxes, as applicable for the countries under scope.
2. Oversight-coordination of intrastat reports for the corresponding countries, as applicable.
3. Follow the tax developments in the assigned countries.
4. Implementation of best practices and process improvements.
5. Continuous improvement of the tax compliance workflows.
6. Supporting the assigned countries’ tax operations.
7. Reporting on status of compliance.
8. Partner with the Advisory Tax team in supporting tax investigations and controversy resolution - audits.
9. Supporting group tax reporting process.
10. Informing Global Tax Team on business operational and external (tax) changes within the geography.
11. Coordination with third party advisors for the preparation, review and filing of tax returns-reports, as applicable.
12. Collaboration with the CR Tax CoE regarding tasks in conjunction, included but not limited to intrastat reports.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive Results & Excellence in Execution
· Reporting to the EMEA VAT Tax Supervisor your main responsibilities will be:
· Preparation and filing of the European VAT tax filings and other indirect tax filings and obligations, as applicable.
· Extraction and analysis of data from SAP for the preparation of the local VAT and tax filings and obligations.
· Understand the assigned countries’ tax and tax ruling requirements, maintain compliance with regulations and ensure the tax returns are accurate and complete.
· Preparation and/or oversight, as applicable of the intrastate reports of the corresponding countries. Work with the CR Tax CoE on improvements to the reporting process and alignment with the VAT reports.
· Reconciliation and clean up of VAT accounts.
· Coordinate the information flow to and from the local finance teams and the local advisors as applicable.
· Ensure timely and accurate filing of the tax filings & returns to the Tax Authorities.
· Coordination and approval of the tax payments derived from the tax filings. Ensure tax refunds are received.
· Management of the relationship with the local advisors for the preparation, review and filings of the returns ( as applicable).
· Coordination with GBS of any information required for the filings and ensuring that the information received from GBS is correct for the purpose of the filings and returns.
· Work with GBS in case information needs to be corrected or processes re-designed as necessary.
· Review and/or coordinate the review of the reconciliations of the tax accounts on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis, as deemed applicable.
· Documentation, implementation and improvement of processes and flows of information for the purpose of generating the tax filings & returns.
· Design and implement a process for a calendar, audit trail and reviewing, adapting and ensuring compliance as per tax changes that impact tax filings & returns
· Liaise with the advisory tax team and tax authorities, as necessary, in case of audit and resolve any queries or issues arising in relation to value added tax returns.
· Keep updated with regards to changes that impact tax within Bacardi. Communicate those changes to the corresponding stakeholders.
· Actively work with the global tax and IT team to support alignment between the business, the Bacardi trading structure and business set-up in SAP.
· Implementation of policies and guidelines tax related and partner with other functions to implement policies connected or related to Tax.
· Partner with the Costa Rica Tax Center of Excellence team and other tax compliance subteams to identify opportunities, process improvements, standardize processes, implement controls and indicators and drive efficiencies and cash savings.
Measures of success
· Tax compliance with regulations ensuring integrity and accuracy of the value added tax returns for the assigned countries.
· Improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of the tax processes while maintaining excellent results on internal and external controls.
· Ensure new tax regulations affecting (or potentially affecting) the business and reporting are communicated to the relevant people.
· Audits are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
· Good connections with local and global Finance, Tax and Business colleagues.
· Shared Service Centers’ and Outsource Providers’ services are in line with the contracts and its KPI’s are met.
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
· 5 years of tax and/or accounting experience in multiple jurisdictions
· Strong accounting and/or tax technical skills
· Ability to work independently and proactively
· Ability to liaise with the shared service center in a collaborative,
· Proven ability to manage multiple tasks
· Strong communication skills that establishes, fosters and maintains working relationships with peers, management and shared service centers
· Managed audits (internal and external)
· Unimpeachable integrity
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.