TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016; we’re starting our new future together. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. For this integration project we would like to offer a challenging and unique opportunity to become a member of the Tax integration team.
The main responsibilities of TNT’s Group Tax Department are:
· Ensure full disclosure of relevant tax related information towards all stakeholders
· Design and maintain the Tax Function and the Tax Control Framework with corresponding roles and responsibilities
· Initiate and implement tax planning, analyse and review all tax risks in the group, the tax lines in financial reports, prepare effective tax rate and cash tax calculations and reconciliations at a consolidated level
· Remediate tax related control issues
· Tax compliance (preparation and filing of all corporate income tax and value added tax returns and tax disclosures) for Dutch group companies
The scope of activities and responsibilities of the Tax Specialist are broad and flexible in support of FedEx Europe and MEISA Tax department. The Tax Specialist will be involved in various projects.
The key activities of the Tax Specialist will be as follows:
· Tax audit support, including analysis of requests from tax authorities, collecting requested documents and information from relevant departments, and drafting responses to tax authorities based on information received;
· Support in ensuring transfer pricing documentation is in line with OECD and local country requirements;
· Support in the implementation of key multi-jurisdiction projects including assistance with the preparation of documents, spread sheets and presentations for discussion;
· Support with collecting financial and tax related information from entities within the region for global tax management and administrative purposes;
· Support on various ongoing projects such as restructuring (assisting with legal entity simplification projects) and financing in the various jurisdictions as needed;
· Assist with the review of intercompany legal agreements to mitigate tax risks;
· Interact with various departments on relevant tax matters;
· Participate in and contribute to in-house tax technical sessions.
The ideal candidate has:
· a master degree in Fiscal Economics or Tax Law
· At least four years of relevant experience within a big 4 and/or a multinational company.
Other preferred skills / experience:
· Fluent in English
· Excellent knowledge of international corporate income tax
· Proven experience with transfer pricing
· Analytical skills
· High motivation and ability to work under pressure
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Team player
· Good business sense and diplomatic awareness
What we offer
· A unique and challenging position at the heart of the integration in an international and dynamic working environment
· A 1 year assignment with option for extension
· An independent position with responsibilities · Working in an international team with international colleagues
If this sounds like the right job for you then we look forward to hearing from you soon.
For additional information, please contact IMO Resourcing Office integration