Reference Number 4256
Global Zakat & Tax Operations – VAT & Customs
SABIC Capital, based in the Amsterdam World Trade Centre, is an established entity within the SABIC Group and the center of excellence for global tax, treasury and statutory reporting. The Global Tax Group consists of over 50 people located across the world (Europe, MEA, USA and APAC). It is responsible for global tax for the entire SABIC group.
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for reviewing European VAT compliance;
· Perform VAT reconciliations;
· Provide VAT compliance related advice and trainings;
· Monitor and assist in VAT audits;
· Manage reclaiming foreign VAT;
· Liaise with Finance, Shared Financial Services, Treasury, Procurement and Supply Chain colleagues;
· Maintain and optimize VAT processes as part of the Tax Control Framework;
· Identify VAT risks and opportunities;
· Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, Tax Authorities, third party advisors and external auditors.
· Bachelors level (Tax Economics or Business Administration “HEAO-BE”) with 4-6 years of working experience in VAT;
· Relevant experience within an EU VAT environment, preferably a combination of industry and Big 4 experience;
· Knowledge of Dutch and EU VAT;
· Fluent in Dutch and English;
· Familiar with ERP systems (preferably SAP);
· Willing to do some travel domestically and internationally
You are an analytical thinker with excellent communication skills for interacting at all levels in the organization, proactive, independent and with a hands-on mentality. You need to be a bright team player who is intellectually curious and highly self-motivated.
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel 0031(0)646103985
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets.