Booking.com, part of Booking Holdings Inc (formerly Priceline.com) listed on NASDAQ, is the world leader in booking accommodations online. Every day, more than X room nights are reserved through our public website and other channels.
As a Tax Manager you will work from Booking.com International BV in Amsterdam and report directly to the company’s Tax Director.
The main focus of this position is managing all tax matters related to VAT, sales tax, GST and other indirect taxes for Booking.com, including the compliance with tax regulation in all countries where we operate as a business (approx. 75 subsidiaries next to our main operations in the Netherlands), other tax related items and the relationships with the company’s tax advisors. The position is based at Piet Hein Buildings in the center of Amsterdam.
You will be part of the international Finance team of Booking.com (approx. 550 professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam) and will work closely with the finance and tax team of Booking Holdings Inc based in Norwalk, Connecticut.
The role involves interaction with our parent company (Booking Holdings Inc), our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have excellent, social, management and communication skills in English.
Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur. The role requires travelling.
· Monitor and maintain tax compliance on indirect tax across the business;
· Support in planning strategies;
· Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within the group;
· Ensure compliancy with local rules and regulations;
· Project/coordination responsibilities;
· Answer daily ad-hoc tax issues, this can also be in the area of CIT, VAT, Wage Tax, WHT;
· Coordinate the work of our tax advisors;
· Interface with outside advisors to manage Booking.com’s international structure;
· University degree in Tax Economics/Law or similar degree;
· Preferably around 6 years of working experience within a big 4 and/or international environment;
· Combination of experience with tax compliance/accounting is preferred;
· Excellent knowledge of the International tax regulation;
· Self starter, flexible, energetic, passionate, self-motivated, and results-oriented professional;
· Accurate, able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast turnaround environment;
· Ability to think strategically, multi-task, and work effectively and efficiently with minimum direction;
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management;
· Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously;
· Organized, proactive, common sense and results oriented;
· Ability to be a hands-on deliverer;
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English;
· Willingness to travel.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Indirect Tax Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.