Job ID 00376893
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
Nike is seeking a Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Tax Manager at its European headquarters (Hilversum, Netherlands) to assist with EMEA focused tax matters. The candidate must work closely with members across a global tax department and external stakeholder teams (e.g., Accounting, Legal, Systems) to communicate current and future business plans, obtain cross-functional tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination and execution of cross-functional tax solutions in a sustainable manner. Candidate must be able to communicate, written and verbal, complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals:
· Gain a deep understanding of Nike’s business initiatives, models, goals, and drivers, including the technologies and/or intellectual property used to launch business initiatives;
· Identify and communicate to the global tax department and EMEA leadership team any ongoing or new tax technical aspects/issues, benefits, and risks;
· Assist with identifying, documenting, complying and defending key tax issues (e.g. transfer pricing, permanent establishments, withholding tax, indirect tax, funding, currency issues, etc.);
· Assist with direct/indirect tax compliance and potential reserves along with all quarterly/annual filings;
· Assist with tax controversies;
· Assist with the evaluation of cash management, and cash repatriation;
· Write technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos to be used by various business partners throughout the company;
· Work effectively with external advisors.
· Minimum 5+ years of progressive international tax experience in a large corporate environment and/or Big 4 public accounting or large law firm;
· Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field;
· Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment;
· Expertise in EU tax matters along with a familiarity of US international tax provisions and an understanding of or practical experience with tax laws in other countries;
· Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines;
· Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment;
· Able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management;
· Able to analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law and then extract data and make appropriate recommendations;
· Fluency in English and Dutch.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.