Job ID 00377084
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
As the Employment Tax Consultant, you will be an integral part of the quickly evolving Europe HR Operational Services team, driving an integrated HR agenda for the function and the business. Reporting directly to the Compliance Director, you will play a key role in activating a comprehensive and integrated compliance offense in service of Nike’s strategy across compensation, benefits, retirement and equity programs throughout Europe. You will draw on your tax expertise to provide guidance and support for all aspects of tax compliance for Nike HR. Together, the compliance team will create and maintain a proactive, sustainable model of operational risk management across the globe.
In this role, it will be essential to be a trusted technical advisor to multiple HR functional teams. It will be equally important to develop a deep understanding of Nike internal operating processes and systems to drive compliance initiatives cross-functionally for continuous response to regulatory changes.
· Build and deliver an operating model for employment tax compliance in the region
· Provide governance, guidelines and recommendations on compliance matters to a wide range of partners
· Continuously monitor legislative developments to ensure internal processes remain current
· Develop trusted relationships across the organization to effectively educate and influence on key risk and control issues
· Utilize your specialized expertise to minimize compliance risks while decreasing administrative burdens where possible
· Anticipate potential roadblocks, identify opportunities for improvement and provide practical approaches to problem solving
· Working knowledge of employment tax compliance frameworks for compensation, benefits and equity programs for multinational companies
· Exposure to broader HR compliance matters is a plus
· Experience to include a minimum of 8 years in employment tax
· Preferred candidates will have a combination of public accounting and industry experience
· Ability to lead cross functional initiatives and project teams
· Ability to network, influence and utilize internal and external resources
· Experience working in a matrix environment with bold and dotted line reporting
· Ability to lead through ambiguity and offer appropriate solutions that balance business needs and compliance
· Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to clearly articulate objectives, strong information seeking skills and ability to make things happen
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.