Job Number: FN180005
Alnylam was founded in 2002 on a revolutionary vision and bold mission which remain firmly in place today. We are leading the translation of RNAi as a new class of medicines with a core focus on RNAi therapeutics toward genetically defined targets for the treatment of serious, life-threatening diseases with limited treatment options for patients and their caregivers. In January 2015, we announced our “Alnylam 2020” guidance that reflects our expected transition from a late-stage clinical development company to a multi-product commercial-stage company with a sustainable development pipeline. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, is looking for a full time International Tax Manager that will support the business as it expands in a number of regions outside the U.S. Reporting to the Senior Director of Tax and Treasury (Cambridge, Ma based) and working closely with the Head of Finance Europe & Canada (based in Zug, Switzerland), and Director Finance (based in Amsterdam) the ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, highly motivated professional with strong communication, organizational, and computer skills. The position is based in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
Summary of Key Responsibilities
· Manage the foreign tax preparers to complete preparation of local country tax compliance.in coordination with our Outsourced partner Mazars and our advisors ((PWC, EY, Deloitte).
· Manage international and coordinate with foreign tax preparers/representatives to handle local country tax audits and controversies.
· Complete research to support positions taken in the tax returns and prepare required supporting documentation, including memoranda.
· Manage and support tax research and planning projects and initiatives, identify tax implications of proposed transactions and business plans, and provide tax advice to business partners.
· Manage cross-functional teams and external tax advisers to identify and implement tax planning strategies.
· Development and implement intercompany transfer pricing policies and maintain and update transfer pricing documentation.
· Responsible for maintaining documentation and schedules related to Intercompany cost charges
· Ensure all international tax implications are properly reflected in the effective tax rate; ensure efficient integration of the tax accounting and international tax compliance processes.
· Monitor impact of changes in tax law on the company’s effective tax rate and international tax compliance obligations.
· Develop and maintain internal controls under Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 for the international tax compliance and planning processes ensuring no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses.
· Manage indirect tax planning and compliance including supply chain planning and advice
· Maintains oversite of company’s worldwide Withholding Tax expense
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related; Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation or related - preferred
· Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an International environment
· Able to think strategically, formulating actionable analyses and seeing them through
· Understanding and compliance with applicable Sarbanes Oxley requirements
· Strong work ethic and team player
· Able to handle multiple assignments and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines
· Ability to work sensitively with confidential material
· Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
· Comfortable communicating with various levels of management. Fluent in English.
· Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
· Willingness to travel in Europe and to U.S. HQ in Cambridge, MA as needed
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.