We are excited about our international expansion and prospects. It is a great time to join our team and play a key role in our growth.
We are seeking a Director, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) Tax, reporting to the Director of International Tax in the US, to be based in Amsterdam and provide tax planning, tax policy, and strategic tax advice for EMEA. In addition, the Director, EMEA Tax, will team with our business, legal, finance and operational partners to gain a full understanding of our global strategy in order to optimize our overall tax strategy and business operations. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who can collaborate across the business and has a hands-on mentality.
· Provide EMEA tax advice with respect to Netflix’s global operations
· Partner with Netflix’s EMEA business leaders, finance, legal, and external advisers on various business matters
· Review business contracts and collaborate with Netflix’s EMEA business leaders and legal to ensure contracts contain key terms that are consistent with global tax structure and to minimize potential tax risks to the company
· Work with the Director of International Tax on EMEA tax (both direct and indirect) planning and collaborate with the broader Tax and Finance teams at Netflix
· Partner with the Government Relations team to assist on policy matters related to significant EMEA/EU tax legislation
· Oversee EMEA tax audits
· Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation
· 12+ years of experience including public accounting or industry (ideally, technology or entertainment) experience in EMEA
· Law degree, CPA equivalent, and / or advanced degree in Taxation
· Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to senior management
· Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
· Ability to work proactively and independently under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility.