Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 74,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
We currently have an exciting leadership opportunity for an experienced EMEA Tax Director to join our growing business. The role can be based in The Hague.
This is an Executive position that reports directly to the Global Head of Tax based in the USA. Whilst leading the Regional Tax Team you will deliver strategic support across the region and take a hands-on approach as necessary.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role are:
· Overall responsibility for the tax function over a large and complex region. Jacobs operates in most jurisdictions in Europe and the Middle East, and over an increasing part of Africa.
· Provide strategic and detailed tax support to the business, corporate and legal functions over the entire range of taxes in the region.
· Manage relationships with external service providers, primarily major accounting and law firms within the region.
· Work with the US Tax Team on group and cross border tax matters, including oversight of the regional effective tax rate, US GAAP quarterly tax provision and the group legal structure.
· Overall responsibility for tax audits and relationships with tax authorities throughout the region.
· Management of a small regional tax team currently based in the UK.
· A local accounting or tax qualification from a leading university, such as ACA and/or CTA or equivalent – an advanced qualification in international tax (such as the UK ADIT qualification, or the IBFD LLM) would be preferable.
· Experience in US GAAP Tax Accounting and Reporting processes.
· Exceptional international tax skills.
· Significant experience of leading and managing a tax function.
· Ability to communicate well with senior management and key stakeholders, in-person and remotely.
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Proficiency in additional European languages.
Periodic travel throughout the region and to the USA is required for this position.
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
With approximately $11 Billion in revenues, Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and construction services, including all aspects of engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. We serve a broad range of companies and organizations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies. Our global network includes approximately 54,000 employees in more than 230 offices in more than 30 countries, with operations in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, India, Australia, Africa, and Asia.