Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups, a leader in supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves more than 50 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. In Europe, in most of the countries we are the number 1 or 2 supermarket company, leader in speciality stores such as Albert Heijn and Delhaize, and in the Netherlands we own the leading e-commerce company, bol.com.
Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities. Our brands have also established meaningful, lasting commitments to strengthen local communities, source responsibly and help customers make healthier choices.
Ahold Delhaize is looking for a full time Indirect Tax Analyst that will support the business and function as an important link between the Indirect Tax team and Ahold Delhaize’s BPO provider who prepares most of the VAT filings. Working closely together with indirect tax managers in the Netherlands and Brussels, Indirect tax managers and specialists at AD’s BPO provider and several finance managers, the ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, highly motivated young professional with strong communication, organizational, and technology skills. The role will include building up data analytics skills and experience required for analyzing transactional data relevant for indirect taxes. The position is based in Zaandam (Netherlands).
Summary of key responsibilities:
· Review and advise on approval of VAT filings in the Benelux, and support fulfillment of reporting requirements for the Dutch companies;
· Support with VAT queries from the business, financial service providers, and tax authorities;
· Support embedding new business models and activities in indirect tax compliance procedures;
· Support with the implementation of new VAT legislation and reporting requirements;
· Support improvement of indirect tax controls;
· Monitor trends and support VAT recovery and cash flow improvements;
· Develop and perform data analytics to help the (in)direct tax function to mitigate tax risks and identify tax opportunities.
A highly motivated colleague who is willing, and able, to learn. You’re curious, can work independently, and have strong eye for detail.
· Bachelor/Master degree in the field of international business, tax law, or accounting
· 1-3 years of experience
· Fluent in English and Dutch
· Some working experience in VAT compliance is a plus
· Knowledge/experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle and SAP) is a plus
· Strong analytical skills, broad interests
· Strong communication skills
· Good skills in Excel
· Willingness to travel within Europe
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to deepen your VAT technical knowledge, master your tax technology skills, gain experience with tax controls, and be on the front of implementing new business models, and new European tax legislation into procedures within one of the largest retailers of the Western hemisphere.
· A position where all business and tax regulatory developments tie-in together
· On the job training in VAT and tax technology
· Good benefits
· Opportunity to build your competencies and develop your personal network
· Future career opportunities within an international retail environment
For more information you can contact Niels Volmer.
If you have the feeling that this vacancy matches with your professional and personal profile, please apply online with your resume attached.