The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
We are always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
eBay is seeking a Senior Manager Tax at its headquarters in Amsterdam. In this position you report to the Senior Director Tax, Marketplaces in Bern, Switzerland and will work closely with members of the global tax department, business finance, legal, accounting and external stakeholders.
You will have the opportunity to work on various aspects of E.U. and international tax, including structuring and planning, mergers and acquisitions, transfer pricing, APA, controversy and compliance. You enjoy working in multi-functional teams across the global organization.
· Develop and implement sustainable tax planning strategies that support business initiatives working with multi-functional teams across the organization and with tax advisors in the EU and overseas;
· Model tax impacts on planning strategies, transfer pricing changes and audit risks;
· Support mergers and acquisitions; including integration activities;
· Assessments for FIN48;
· Manage tax controversies and audits;
· Monitor and analyze regulatory and case law developments and document impact on the Company; and
· Negotiations with the tax authorities.
What we expect from you:
· Minimum of 10-12 years of broad international corporate tax experience;
· Master’s degree;
· Corporate and/or Big Four Accounting Firm experience preferred;
· Expertise in EU tax matters along with a familiarity of US international tax provisions and an understanding of or practical experience with tax laws in other countries;
· Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels within organization;
· Proven track record of project management and organization skills and must be able to multitask and to set priorities;
· Ability to work independently within a team environment.
What you can expect from us:
· A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment;
· Work with cool modern technologies, processes and consumer facing products;
· Access to tools and resources to do your job;
· Ability to join multiple internal interest groups in eBay.
What we offer:
Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor. The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA and globally. A competitive salary, phenomenal benefits and an excellent working environment. Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, exciting high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an exceptional and engaging one.
If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a reciprocal and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your cv. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Recruiting eBay.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.