Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools and software. We are a dynamic market leader with sound financial health. Fluke has achieved the number one or number two position in every market in which it competes. The Fluke brand has a reputation for portability, ruggedness, safety, ease of use and rigid standards of quality. A wholly owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation, Fluke is a multi-national corporation headquartered in the greater Seattle area. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. It is driven by the phenomenally successful Fortive Business System. Working at Fluke gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, “stretch” opportunities
The EMEA VAT Manager will be responsible for the coordination of all VAT reporting and compliance matters within the EMEA region. The function will work closely with the EMEA Financial Shared Service Center having the operational responsibility around VAT as well as being the primary link with external advisors and Tax authorities. The EMEA VAT Manager will initiate projects and lead process improvements around VAT across all businesses and establish cross functional links outside of finance as required.
The main focus of this position is managing all tax matters related to VAT, including the compliance with tax regulation in all countries where we operate as a business (approx. 25 subsidiaries). The position is based at Fluke Europe B.V. in Eindhoven.
You will be part of the international Finance team of Fluke (approx. 60 professionals, mostly based in Eindhoven) and from time to time work with the finance and tax team of Fortive based in Everett (USA).
The role involves interaction with our parent company, our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have excellent, social, management and communication skills in English.
· Monitor and maintain VAT compliance across the business;
· Review VAT tax returns and manage successful completion and submission of returns by the Financial Shared Service Center;
· Validate processes and transactions for proper VAT accounting/treatment;
· Ensure compliancy with local rules and regulations;
· Handle information requests from tax authorities and handle tax audits;
· Answer daily ad-hoc VAT issues;
· Research VAT issues and keep the team updated on legislative changes as they relate Fluke’s business;
· Coordinate the work of our tax advisors;
· Be responsible for the development of your own technical knowledge;
· Develop and improve processes around VAT compliance;
· Develop and maintain VAT “handbook” for various jurisdictions.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in EU VAT compliance
· University degree or equivalent certification in Tax Law, Accounting, Business Administration or similar
· Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· High degree of attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize
· Strong sense of ownership and accountability
· Fluent in English