Job number: EEB00552
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to wearable GPS/activity monitors, robotics and augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
We have an interesting opportunity for an experienced VAT specialist to join our large accounting team based in our European HQ in Amsterdam. You will be responsible for VAT accounting registration and compliance across a range of EMEA countries and help support our European VAT Helpdesk. The countries included in your remit will be across Europe. This position is reporting to the Supervisor, Branch Accounting.
· Preparing and filing the VAT returns or checking and reconciling those prepared by local accountants, including arranging for timely VAT payments. Preparing monthly reconciliation of VAT balanced accounts
· Proactively maintaining knowledge of local VAT regulations within the countries. Liaising closely with tax authorities, internal and external VAT consultants
· Supporting local Finance teams via the European VAT Helpdesk, making sure systems are up to date and all relevant information is shared
· Preparing information for external annual audits by tax authorities or external auditors
· Ensuring compliance with J-Sox requirements
· Providing support for branch accounting, including preparing Branch statutory and financial statements as well as analyses of the financial figures
· Participating in projects relating to Branches and VAT
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
· Solid accounting experience with demonstrated background in working as a VAT accountant in a complex, international environment based in Europe
· Good understanding of product and service flows and the link with VAT compliance
· Experienced in implementing of VAT processes is preferred
· Knowledge of SOX compliance regulations (ideally J-Sox)
· Ideally educated to a degree level
· Experienced in using Excel and SAP (or any other similar ERP)
· Fluent English language skills are necessary, other languages are preferred
If you are interested to be part of an innovative organization, we are eager to hear from you. Epson makes products and delivers solutions for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. Colleagues based in all offices feel valued as part of our Global Community. We are going through an exciting period of growth and looking for people that have the spirit to seize new opportunities and drive growth.