Reference Number 4400
The Tax Risk management (TRM) is part of Global Tax Planning and Risk Management (TPRM) department, which has accountability on the tax risk management and tax control in the SABIC group.
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This specialist role report to the TPRM team lead, and work with other TRM colleagues, in delivering best in class tax risk management and control global tax operations, and closely work with the other two department, i.e. zakat & tax (Z&T) and Global Enterprise Model (GEM) department, and together lead to an effective management of Global Tax Function.
· This role is to ensure SABIC's Z&T risks management strategy are well implemented and the risk management tactics are well developed.
· The risks in daily operations and in the whole value chain are identified, properly reported and well managed/mitigated to protect SABIC's financially and from reputation perspective.
· Develops the Global Zakat & Tax Risk Control Framework, including the Risk Management Policy, Governance Model, Control Requirement, Standard Processes, Manual and Risk Analysis Tools etc to ensure that SABIC manages tax risk globally in a consistent approach.
· Develops & maintains a global tax control framework to manage tax risks in the Global Enterprise Model (GEM).
· Responsible for monitoring, documenting & managing Zakat and Tax risk in all jurisdictions of SABIC operations and monitoring and tracking SABIC’s global tax compliance requirement.
· Inform and consult with SABIC's ERM and Internal Audit teams about reporting tax risks to ensure correct representation in SABIC’s risk profile for SABIC.
· Supports and gives guidance to regional tax teams and finance team to manage tax risks. Deliver reporting on operations, strategy and tools, covering compliance, risk management, optimization and GEM/TP.
· Bachelor's degree: a relevant subject such Law, Economics, Accounting, Finance preferred
· Masters or equivalent degree in a relevant subject preferred
· Professional qualification such as Tax Practitioner's Certificate, CPA, Law or ACCA
· Regular attendance at advanced courses in tax, tax accounting and risk management
· 8+ years in international tax - KSA Zakat experience an advantage, with relevant tax risk management experiences no less than 6 years
· Extensive experience in the tax function of large multinationals and/or Big 4
· International global tax experience with detailed working knowledge of at least one tax jurisdiction and general practical understanding of international tax law and guidelines regarding zakat and all taxes to which a large multinational would typically be liable, including corporate taxation, indirect taxes, withholding taxes, payroll taxes, customs, import duties and environmental taxes, etc.
· Fluent in written and spoken English; multiple language ability an advantage.
· Expert knowledge of global/regional/country tax risk management
· Good knowledge of business processes
· Knowledgeable with policies, procedures and best practices in the area of accounting
· Solid understanding of accounting systems
· Ability to understand and support organizational climate/culture
· Change management skills
For more information you can contact:
Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel 0031(0)646103085
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers