Reference Number 4410
Set-up in September 2008, SABIC’s Global Tax department is an integral part of SABIC Corporate Finance.
The Global Tax department partners with SABIC’s international business and functional operations globally, covering +50 countries and +130 companies in Middle East and Africa, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Americas and is responsible for SABIC’s overall tax compliance and planning.
The department consists of a global virtual team of approximately 75 people, which are based in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Netherlands, The United States, China, Singapore, India, Brazil, Spain and the United Kingdom.
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads and manages global direct tax operations to ensure compliance for all direct taxes (CIT, WHT, payroll taxes, etc.).
· Manages and supports the optimization of direct taxes for all SABIC businesses.
· Assesses and implements processes that continuously improve the sustainable efficiency and effectiveness of SABIC's direct tax position, including the cost-effective management of direct tax resources.
· Supports risk management for all direct taxes.
· Supports the implementation & development of the direct tax strategy globally, ensuring the direct tax compliance and local optimization of SABIC's Global Enterprise Model.
· Partners effectively with Business and Corporate Functions in direct tax projects and transactions.
· Regularly reports on monitoring, managing, controlling and tracking all direct tax compliance requirements.
· Recruit and manage a leading (virtual) Direct Tax Operations team in the chemical industry.
· Ensures Talent Management of the Direct Tax Operations team in alignment and cooperation with the Director Global Zakat & Tax Operations, HR and Corporate Finance Global Community.
· Bachelor's degree: a relevant subject such as Law, Economics, Accounting, Finance preferred
· Masters or equivalent degree in a relevant subject preferred
· Professional qualification such as Tax Practitioner's Certificate, CPA, Law or ACCA
· 15+ years in direct tax
· Extensive experience in the direct tax function of large multinationals and/or Big 4
· International global tax experience with detailed working knowledge of at least one tax jurisdiction and general practical understanding of international tax law and guidelines regarding direct taxes
· Fluent in written and spoken English; multiple language ability an advantage
· Ability to effectively build direct tax awareness in the executive levels across the Business and Corporate Functions to support the Global Enterprise Model and mitigate tax compliance risks and enhance the application of the Code of Ethics
· Strong communication and influential skills
· Strong project management skills and analytical thinking
· Acutely aware of rapidly changing environment internally (growth strategy) and externally (rapidly changing tax regulation)
· Advanced performance management: people and organizational skills managed through defining goals based on group strategy and steering operational execution
· People management skills, including leading (virtual) teams, job and career development, performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, etc
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel +31 (0)646103085
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets.