Req ID 46569
This position is responsible for assisting in tax planning and tax projects related to Liberty Global’s European and other worldwide operations and activities to ensure minimize company’s risks and maximize company’s opportunities related to its income tax position in each of these different tax jurisdictions. Position includes assisting in analysis of tax exposure/risk to company of projects along with implementation of these projects. Project will include tax projections, transfer pricing, structuring and due diligence on acquisitions, dispositions and mergers, internal restructurings, and other tax projects as required. This position will include a significant role/responsibility on transfer pricing on inter-company arrangements within the overall tax position, as well as normal project duties, and may include ad hoc projects that are assigned by superiors in the tax department.
· Person will primarily support Central along with indirectly supporting the Denver based corporate tax team and other functions of the overall corporate tax team. The position will have no responsibility for direct reports.
· Decision making: Will have no direct decision making responsibility, but will be delegated tasks and projects by Directors and Managers in Tax Planning group that may require some decision making with direction provided.
· Position has no current direct reports
· Project management for various tax-related projects or projects initiated outside of tax that have tax implications to the company.
· Transfer pricing documentation, review and implementation for various group companies within different tax jurisdictions. This will include preparation of internal support that documents the companies transfer pricing models and calculations, and will include working with local jurisdictions to manage tax audits and support for local positions.
· Optimize the overall LGP group income tax position (including impacts to overall group fiscal position), including a focus on assign areas of responsibility within the corporate tax team (UPC Broadband, group tax projections, LG Corporate, transfer pricing, etc.).
· Provide input and assistance to the compliance function (tax returns, assessments, forecasts) as agreed upon
· Assistance with merger, acquisition, disposition, internal structuring, etc. Of the LGP group as required.
· Provide input to the compliance function for FAS 109 reporting, coordinate tax audits and assist other parts of the Group in tax audits where required
· Where overlap occurs between the responsibilities of the different tax managers, they all hold responsibility for tax optimization of this relevant part of the Group where the overlap occurs.
· Contribute to tax awareness/appreciation within the Group
· Contribute to team building
· Contribute to technical training of Group Fiscal
· Service oriented towards the Group’s other departments
· Keep Group Fiscal project list up-to-date with respect to own projects and responsibilities
· Schiphol-Rijk and international travel required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Academic Tax education
· Specific knowledge: Tax
· Minimum 4 - 6 years corporate tax in international environment with preference for experience in multi-national corporation or US-based multi-national corporation
· Fluent in English (written and verbal) with strong communication skills
· Team player
· Strong analytical skills and attention for detail
· Problem solver
· Ambitious, highly motivated, energetic, hard worker
· Ability to work on various on-going projects with good organizational and time management skills