Wish is looking for an experienced VAT & Compliance Manager for the EMEA region. You will be working from the Wish EU Headquarters in Amsterdam and will be responsible for all aspects of VAT and Compliance.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has a strong analytical mindset, deep understanding of compliance, and has the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling operations through automation.
You are a proven VAT and Compliance Manager with an in depth knowledge of current and upcoming EU and in Country VAT legislation.
What you'll do:
· Working in a quickly changing environment, i.e. EU and individual member states legislative changes and communication to / requirements from the tax authorities
· Managing relationships with tax authorities on behalf of Wish in respect of VAT, communicating regulatory requirements, deadlines and ensuring compliance
· Constantly balancing the search for new improved ways of working together with the sustained implementation of changing requirements
· Ensure full compliance of administration and reporting of VAT and Duty on behalf of Wish and ensure that all tax payments are complied with
· Monitor changes in EU tax legislation related to the importation, storage of owned / consigned goods that could have an impact on Wish and manage the introduction of these changes throughout the business
· Providing VAT support on transactions and projects supporting tax planning and optimization projects in order to increase efficiency
· Monitor compliance against EU tax risk / management policies
· Coordinate, facilitate and host internal and external tax reviews and audits
Who you are:
· Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting, Tax and related field required
· 3+ years of related work experience
· Strong knowledge of EU VAT and Duty
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong organization skills; adheres to deadlines
· Highly results focused with a strong attention to detail
· Excellent team player, able to develop strong relationships with colleagues and peers and build productive working relationships across functional areas
· Understanding of financial concepts and transactions and basic statutory accounting skills
Wish is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. Wish selectively brings together world-class talent with a passion for connecting relevant products to the global population.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.