Abbott is a global healthcare company committed to helping people live not just longer, but better. We employ around 94,000 people in 150 countries with a diverse portfolio spanning pharmaceuticals, nutrition, diagnostics and devices. At Abbott, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world through challenging and rewarding work as part of a highly successful and trusted organization that is shaping the future of health. Realize your potential!
Corporate Finance Services (CFS) is the central finance organization for Abbott in The Netherlands, supporting all 9 Abbott sites and 20+ legal entities in The Netherlands, in the areas of Financial Planning & Projects, Controlling, Financial Compliance and Risk Management, Tax and Customs
For our Corporate Finance Services Organization we are looking for a:
SENIOR SPECIALIST TAX (BEDRIJFSFISCALIST)
For our Tax team we are looking for a Senior Specialist Tax. In this challenging position you will be the Specialist for tax charter of Abbott entities in the Netherlands under the responsibility of the centrally managed accounting organization CFS. This includes monitoring tax compliance processes, liaise with the business on tax questions, the preparation of the annual tax returns, TP documentation and tax reporting into the Abbott (HQ) organization. This position will affect all disciplines of Abbott in the Netherlands (production / distribution / marketing / R & D), each with its own dynamics and differences in tax treatment and applicable rules.
In the Tax department you will work with your colleagues: the Specialist (Indirect) Tax and the Manager Tax. This position requires a high level of independence to acquire knowledge on application and changes of laws and regulations on all tax areas.
The function is reporting to the Manager Tax.
The function will be based in our offices in Hoofddorp or Zwolle.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for tax accounting processes, both internal and external reporting. This includes calculating and monitoring tax positions and deferred taxes.
· Manage tax controls and improve quality of tax reporting processes.
· Prepare/review annual Corporate Income Tax returns.
· Assist in transfer pricing (documentation)
· Provide tax advice and support to the business/other teams within CFS
· Follow relevant legislative developments and evaluate the potential impact
· Work on several responsibilities (quarterly reporting, APA, transfer pricing) in close corporation with Corporate Tax.
· Wage tax and value added tax support.
· Assist and support in ad hoc tax projects.
· All other relevant tax matters and subsidy processes.
The ideal candidate has an academic degree in tax law or fiscal economics. You are an excellent, all-round tax professional with approximately 4-6 years of tax experience as an in-house tax advisor or a consultant. Your focus is on corporate income tax and you have affinity with VAT. We are looking for someone with a pleasant, open and flexible personality.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
· Ability to work both individually and in a team within a complex and high demanding environment
· Control focused
· Hands-on mentality
· Flexible attitude and eagerness to learn
· Innovative attitude, with a natural drive for improvement
· Excellent communication skills; experience working across multiple levels (incl. executive level), functions and regions.
· Excellent command of Dutch and English
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
Abbott provides a varied, challenging and international position in a dynamic and pleasant working environment. In our organization, you can count on excellent primary and secondary benefits, a positive working atmosphere, a personal growth plan, extensive training opportunities and good career perspective. We are in the business of advancement, both in health solutions and in the lives and careers of our employees. Our work across the world and in many areas of healthcare provides a rich environment for our employees to explore career paths, interests and opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are appealed by Abbott, looking for a job with meaning and recognize yourself in the outlined profile, please make your interest known. You can apply via our website with your resume and letter of application. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments referring this job profile.