Req Id 51590
Welcome to the workplace of the future!
Are you ready to be part of a team that can connect, share and collaborate from any location with anyone, anywhere?
Our global team is made up of smart, highly-capable, inquisitive people who bring their best selves to work each day.
Join our world-class team and help us discover and advance the next frontier of communication and collaboration technology, which also supports our robust flexible working practices for our employees.
From the beginning, giving back to our communities has been a natural part of our culture. Thrive and grow personally and professionally, build strong relationships around the world and make a difference through our community involvement efforts.
As Indirect Tax Manager, you will focus on managing (indirect) tax activities which includes all VAT Compliance, Intrastat and ESL declarations across EMEA. As our specialist in this area you will be provided with the scope to make improvements, liaise openly with colleagues from across the globe and be provided with a high-level of autonomy and responsibility.
Your responsibility will also expand into taking ownership of our recent system implementation (Vertex), where you will participate globally on our indirect tax engine implementation.
· Manage the preparation and review of all EMEA tax reporting and the associated compliance obligations
· Manage, mitigate and resolve any potential Indirect Tax risks
· Drive better use of Finance systems to facilitate Indirect Tax processes, supporting the development of necessary training programmes to promote a standard way of using R12 (i.e. data input, reporting, common VAT codes across EMEA etc.) and tax software
· Identify more efficient solutions to VAT processing activity
· Analyze and prepare VAT Compliance such as VAT returns, Intrastat and ESL declarations across EMEA
· Manage compliance across our various EMEA entities, with strong knowledge of EU VAT issues, especially NL, UK, France and Germany
· Manage local suppliers who assist in declarations (Czech Rep, Poland, France, Spain and Germany, Belgium)
· Ensure accurate recording of VAT related items in the Tax Accounts of the company
· Take ownership of company transactions from a development and knowledge perspective working closely with the supporting technical team from external tax advisor
· Identify and drive efficiency improvements in VAT compliance requirements
· Monitor relevant tax law changes and jurisprudence and assess the business impact, raise tax compliance awareness
· Provide VAT advice to multiple stakeholders (e.g. assess business models and supply chains), liaise with external consultants
· Identify potential tax planning opportunities and risks (e.g. optimize cash flow, implement simplification schemes)
· Manage VAT audits in cooperation with the business
· Assist in process improvements and facilitate automation of recurring transactions
· Assist with Tax audits with the regional tax authorities
· Support tax projects across EMEA and assist in reporting requirements
· Ad-hoc project support within the global tax team and financial stakeholders
· Master degree in accountancy or a similar degree
· Additional certification is corporate tax is a preference, such as CPA or Dutch equivalent
· Proven experience in in house implementation and management of VAT accounting and reporting software (Oracle and or Vertex) in an international environment
· 8 years + relevant work experience, international corporate tax experience within tax department of multinational organization is desired
· Having been part of a merger is a plus
· Fluent in English (verbal, written) and at least two other European languages (Preferably French, Italian and/or Spanish)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or on the basis of disability.
To all recruitment agencies: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.