Are you looking for a new challenge within an international oriented company? Are you an accurate team player with strong communication skills? Do you understand the complexity of business models? Then you might be the new colleague we are looking for at Q8!
You will develop, document and implement global transfer pricing policies, prepare and update transfer pricing documentation in line with BEPS and coordinate the preparation of transfer pricing studies. You will proactively conduct functional interviews and draft intercompany agreements. In addition, you will monitor foreign entities’ profitability, support tax audits and act as a focal point and sparring partner for business and finance departments.
You report to the Corporate Tax Manager.
TP Strategy & Policy Setting:
· Assist with setting strategy for intra-group pricing of goods, services and other transactions
· Define, communicate, implement and monitor KPI’s transfer pricing policies and document intra-group flow of goods, services and other intra-group transactions
· Dealing with all aspects of developing, executing and maintaining the company’s inter-company transfer pricing policies from inter-company agreements, collecting and gathering data & information, analyzing & setting arm’s-length prices, preparing transfer pricing documentation reports, assisting with tax audits, analyzing business and planning strategies, M&A integration, and managing & working with outside advisers
· Oversee the TP function throughout KPI, including providing TP strategy on key business planning initiatives
TP Risk Management, Documentation & Compliance:
· Assess risk in the evolving transfer pricing global framework and communicate appropriately
· Coordinate the preparation of TP reports, including conducting and documenting functional interviews, reviewing tested party financials, and comparable company searches as required under tax laws of the various jurisdictions in which KPI Group operates throughout the world
· Identify transfer-pricing exposures and try to minimize them jointly with employees of other business lines
· Work with business and functional leaders to ensure that the TP policies are aligned with the strategic corporate and tax objectives
· Prepare and update transfer pricing documentation in line with BEPS
· Develop and implement strategic structures to maximize after tax profits and minimize the worldwide effective tax rate, in partnership with business operations (Strategies must account for the risks in both the buying and selling jurisdictions and value both tangible and intangible assets)
· Identify tax optimization resulting from changes in business, operations, or regulatory requirements
· Provide opportunities to the business on tax effective supply chain management and transfer pricing
· Prepare TP models, which determine the tax impact for various tax optimization projects, business initiatives and transactions such as M&A
· Advise on the transfer pricing aspects of acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations, including risks assessment and post-acquisition integration planning and implementation around driving consistent transfer pricing policies
· Act as the TP contact for questions related to various business initiatives, intercompany pricing policies, TP models, IP migrations, intercompany agreement needs, and business integrations
TP Implementation & Monitoring:
· Implement transfer-pricing policies within KPI Group
· Review intercompany cross-charges and TP calculations prepared by Accounting and regional teams to ensure transfer pricing policies are met
· Monitor and analyze developments in transfer pricing tax laws, regulations and court cases of various jurisdictions in which KPI Group operates; advise on their impact; identify potential opportunities and/or risks and develop and recommend appropriate corporate responses to mitigate risks
· Update internal stakeholders regarding relevant changes in law that have an impact on transfer pricing policies
TP Database and SLA Management:
· Update and maintain the Transfer Pricing Database on Collabor8 intranet page designed for all transfer pricing related matters, including the overview of Service Level Agreements within the KPI Group
TP Audit & Dispute Resolutions:
· Provide transfer-pricing support in APAs and tax audits
· Direct the effective use of outside consultants to meet the strategic transfer pricing objectives of KPI Group
We are looking for a candidate with excellent knowledge of transfer-pricing legislation and documentation requirements, preferably with experience in transfer pricing designs and business restructuring. It is important to be fluent in English, other languages are highly appreciated.
The ideal candidate is someone:
· Who has at least 4 years of experience in transfer pricing documentation projects and tax effective supply chain management
· Who has a master degree in tax economics or corporate finance (MSc)
· Who is able to notice issues in other fields (e.g. CIT, VAT and Legal)
· Who has personal integrity and respect for policies and procedures
· Who is clear and succinct in written and oral communication
· Who is willing to travel internationally (up to 20%)
· Who is able to exceed expectations
We offer an exciting position in The Hague, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector. We are committed to maximize your potential by offering career growth opportunities, a competitive salary package with extensive extra-legal benefits and a sound work-life balance.
Kuwait Petroleum International
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademarks Q8 and Tango, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities focus on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all state owned elements of Kuwait’s oil sector under one corporate umbrella. The organization is one of the top ten energy conglomerates in the world. Business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.