The Manager Other Taxes is a member of the Finance Tax team. This department is responsible for (tax) compliance, administration and reporting functions for the legal entities belonging to the Foot Locker Europe Group under the leadership of the Retail Controller.
The responsibility of the Manager Other Taxes is to manage the Other Taxes team in their daily tasks related to (tax) compliance & reporting, payments & forecasting, accounting & reconciliation.
· Ensure timely and accurate Other Taxes compliance and payment
· Ensure timely and accurate Intrastat reporting and reconciliation to the Finance systems (PS)
· Ensure timely and accurate Statistics (annual) reporting
· Ensure timely and accurate withholding tax compliance and payment
· Manage audits for any of the area’s for which responsible and support other (tax) functions
· Responsibility for “562” Other Taxes process
· Budget preparations for areas responsible
· Review, analyse and approve Other Taxes Month End accounting entries
· Review and approve account reconciliations for Withholding Taxes, Plastic bags taxes and Other Taxes
· Review, analyse and approve Professional Fees (stat / tax) accounting entries
· Review and track information for UK local rates (BID / Business rates)
· Provide Other Taxes cash flow information
· Support the FL Statutory / Tax functions
· Support the expansion of the business
· Explore Tax saving opportunities for areas of responsibility
· Sarbanes Oxley compliance for areas responsible
· Graduate Degree or equivalent in Finance / Accounting
· 6 to 8 year experience in an international tax department
· Experience US owned Company is a plus
· Fluent in English. Other EU language is a plus.
· Strong accounting skills
· Strong Excel skills
· Understand variances between US and Local Gaap (tax) accounting.
· Potential to grow within the Finance Department
· Service orientation / Partnerships / Flexible
· Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
· Good communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Management experience is a plus.