You cannot choose between (VAT) Tax and Accounting challenges? In this role you can do both and you can show your expertise in the fast-moving environment of one of the leading Dutch Telco’s.
This is what you do
As Senior Accountant General Ledger (VAT) you will report into the Senior Manager Accounting in the Finance Operations department. You are responsible for the timely, correct and complete accounting of our (VAT) taxes due for the period under review. In this position you have to work with a complex entity and financing (e.g. derivatives) structure. As such you continuously challenge yourself and other departments within Finance e.g. Tax and Treasury on improving the quality and set up of our financial (tax) processes. Additionally you contribute directly to the reporting and commenting of our monthly tax actuals and annual and quarterly bond report for our external stakeholders.
This is how you do it
· Responsible for VAT accounting. End-to-end support for accurate and timely recording of transactions for these areas, including (but not limited to); journaling, reconciliation, reporting, analysis and documentation. Responsible for ensuring USGAAP/IFRS and ICOFR compliance.
· Preparation of journaling, reconciliations, reporting, analysis and documentation in relation to responsibilities of the Accountant GL VAT
· Responsible for ensuring that quality, high level analysis and comments are continuously improved on all Tax accounts associated with areas of responsibility
· To support in other areas (where and if necessary) to ensure that Accounting & Reporting can report accurate numbers within set deadlines
· Participating in (adhoc) projects impacting our TAX reporting and contributing in continuous improvement of systems and processes leading towards the correct entrees on the related accounts and the reporting thereof
· Getting familiar with the complex entity and financing structure
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is the result of two strong Dutch companies joining forces. Since January 2017 we have formed a powerful combination in the Netherlands. As a communication provider, we offer our clients the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, and internet. Our products and services inspire people, companies and society to come into contact with each other–whether they are on the road, at home or in the workplace.
With over 8,000 employees, we are an ambitious, dynamic, and socially committed enterprise. Proud of our achievements and of the people we work with, we offer all our staff abundant opportunity for personal development.
You’ve got what it takes
For this vacancy of Senior Tax Accounting at VodafoneZiggo, you have a:
Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in Tax Accounting in preferably larger (international) enterprises.
· HBO+ level in tax/accountancy
· Part-time employment open for discussion
· Knowledge of VAT tax accounting and Corporation tax accounting (preferred)
· Familiar with complex legal entity and financing (e.g. derivatives) structures
· Practical ERP expertise (preferably SAP / Oracle).
· Exceeding Excel knowledge
· Working knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP (preferred)
You deserve it
· An ambitious employer. We want the best for you and your colleagues
· A good salary. Perfectly in line with your background
· Financial benefits. These include special agreements concerning annual leave, pension and other employee-friendly schemes
· Potential for growth. We offer full opportunities for growth. It’s up to you to take advantage of them