Job ID: EN57379636_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
From the BASF Nederland B.V. office in Arnhem, a large proportion of the 9000 BASF products are sold to national and international customers. These products find their way to the consumer market in thousands of ways. This office is also home to a number of service departments servicing all BASF Nederland B.V. locations in the Netherlands and other BASF subsidiaries in the Netherlands, such as Finance & Control, Human Resources, Communication, Facilities Management, Legal and Tax.
What you can expect
As Tax Manager your tasks include:
· Working together closely with the Head of Tax Netherlands on all tax affairs of all subsidiaries of the BASF group in the Netherlands.
· Being in close contact with the BASF subsidiaries, BASF production and sales locations, and advising these subsidiaries and locations on all tax matters (in particular corporate income tax, but also VAT, wage tax, withholding tax, etc.).
· Playing an active role in tax audits, maintaining contact with the Tax Authorities and external advisors, and preparing and actively contributing to meetings with the Tax Authorities.
· Rendering support in determining the tax position in the annual accounts of group subsidiaries in the Netherlands and supporting in the year end procedures as far as the tax position of the various BASF Group entities is concerned.
· Continually assessing developments in national and international tax legislation and jurisprudence and translating these into opportunities and risks for all BASF entities (NL). Plus, proposing solutions and supporting the implementation of changes.
· Being proactive in all mergers, acquisitions and restructurings in which Dutch BASF group subsidiaries are involved.
· Reviewing all inhouse and external prepared corporate income tax returns.
· Being responsible for the preparation of all local files in the Netherlands and supporting the Finance department with providing information for Country by Country Reporting purposes.
· And finally, working together closely with the Group Central Tax Department and the Tax departments of other BASF companies around the world and building an internal network within the BASF (tax) organization.
What we expect
· A Master's degree in Dutch Tax Law or Tax Economics.
· At least 5 years of relevant working experience in an international tax advisory practice or as an inhouse specialist within a multinational corporation.
· Strong experience and excellent knowledge of tax affairs.
· You are fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of the German language is considered a plus.
· Excellent skills in and a good sense of oral and written communication.
· You can work individually as well as in a team.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally.