Functional Area: Accounting/Finance
Facility: Regional Office
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Travel Percent: 10
Lenovo is a Fortune 500 stocked listed US$34 billion personal technology company. We are the largest PC maker worldwide - serving customers in more than 160 countries - and an emerging leader on the Smart Connected Devices and Server/Storage sectors. But we are not just a technology company. Our work is more important than that. We are the company that empowers people who DO. The engine that helps them DO more. DO better. DO what’s never been done. We make the technology that empowers the world’s best ideas.
We are now looking for a EMEA Indirect Tax Compliance Specialist to join our team of experts in either Amsterdam or Brussels.
This is a 100% compliance preparation/ review role.
1. VAT Compliance support
- Working for/ with the Indirect tax compliance manager EMEA on reviewing more than 2,000+ VAT compliance filings and related reporting processes for 40 countries across EMEA.
- Co-ordinate the gathering and distribution of source information required for VAT filings.
- Review VAT returns (SAP knowledge a preference) prepared by in-house team in India.
- Authorize the indirect tax related filings / payments.
- Ensure thorough review, timely filings / payments
- Assist and work closely with the regional accounting team based in Glasgow on VAT reconciliation between VAT return and ledgers.
- Assist and work closely with our in-house VAT compliance preparation team in India on VAT return preparation and related questions / input.
- Assist with the preparation of timely responses to tax inquiries and VAT/ESL audits.
2. VAT compliance control support
- Support the VAT internal control processes in EMEA – filings, payments, receivables.
- Use the VAT compliance process to optimize the VAT position across EMEA.
3. Business VAT compliance support
- Provide ad hoc VAT compliance related support for the EMEA region.
- Strong knowledge of value added tax across EMEA region.
- Working experience in EMEA region in value added tax compliance, reporting and payments is an advantage.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability combined with ability to work on his/her own initiative.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, organized and focused approach, willingness to get into the detail and follow through.
- Flexibility in working hours no 9-5 job in busy compliance periods.
- Ability to work independently, to manage multiple tasks while maintaining oversight; ability to deal with tax issues in wider business context.
- Personable, team player, pro active, willingness to work in this compliance role for a longer period (3-5 years).
- Good English communication skills is a must.
- At least 5-7 years working experience in value added tax (compliance), industry experience a plus.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); working knowledge of SAP, Sabrix and Oracle is an advantage.
- direct reporting into: EMEA Tax Director.
- day to day reporting/ dotted line reporting: EMEA Indirect tax compliance Lead.
What we offer:
- A multitude of professional and personal opportunities.
- An open and stimulating environment within one of the most forwarding thinking IT companies.
- Flat structures and fast decision-making processes.
- A modern and flexible way of working to combine personal and professional life.
- An international team with a high focus on Diversity.
At Lenovo we are proud to be an equal opportunity company.