Do you want to work at a company that produces state-of-the-art products that can put a thousand gigabits of digital content in the palm of your hand? Do you like working on a team that pushes the limits of what a whole industry can do? There’s an opportunity to do both at Seagate. There’s a reason we are the largest supplier of storage solutions in the world. Our technology, products, and people are second to none.
Seagate Technology is looking for a talented International Senior VAT Compliance Analyst
Department: International Trade & Tax administration
Reports to: Director Trade & global indirect tax
Location: Schiphol-Rijk, The Netherlands
This position will be responsible for managing and assisting on:
· Worldwide VAT computations and VAT compliance for various countries (possibly expanding), including Dutch VAT; generating reports using Sabrix, analyzing reports (locations, “inter-community” requirements, ship-to’s, client requirements, etc) and calculating European and Dutch VAT
· Liaise with Finance on the preparation on the VAT returns and liaise with Inland Revenue for VAT registrations, forms, etc such as Interstat
· European and APAC VAT compliance
· VAT legislation, Preparation and issues; researching international tax legislations and advising on ongoing processes in relation to VAT requirements.
· Answering any queries related to indirect tax issues
· Internal VAT audits
· VAT planning responsibilities; optimizing process pipeline through researching and proposing the most risk-, cost- and time-effective solutions to clients and Seagate.
· trade and customs related tasks like monitoring licenses, declarations and classifications
· Solve VAT related errors
· Ensure trade and tax compliance within stringent government regulations and deadlines; depending on knowledge (development), gradually advising partners such as 3PL (3rd party logistics) providers on international Trade legislation requirements related to Seagate-partner (logistical) processes.
· Liaise with global logistics, finance, governmental authorities and tax consultants on a frequent basis.
· Responsible for VAT calculations within Sabrix for both AR and AP purposes
· File VAT declarations were appropriate, assist finance with VAT returns
· Account Management
· Logistics (Traffic)
· Finance and Credit collection
· Customs and tax authorities
· Outside Council
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch is required
· VAT experience is a must
· Experience working with and understanding process and regulations of the Dutch Tax authorities is a requirement
· Strong computer skills, analyzing & reporting experience through advanced utilization of tools like Excel, and ERP (Oracle)
· Some accounting knowledge is an advantage
· Ability to demonstrate initiative & flexibility
· Good team player: emphatic, has a feeling for interdependent relations
· Strong communication skills: has the ability to level with different people in an organization in a professional manner. Diplomatic and confident communicator, able to build constructive relationships with colleagues, clients, external partners and government authorities
At Seagate, our mission is genuine and simple: Empower people by enhancing their digital world. We do this with HDDs, SSDs, hybrid technologies, and devices that defy the status quo—innovations that are all around us, from the computers fueling our personal productivity to the servers forming the backbone of big enterprise to the networks connecting our world.
With more than 40,000 employees strong with operations spanning the globe, our people value and encourage opportunities for learning, growing, advancing and achieving—and we invite you to share your future with the excitement of our endeavors and the satisfaction of our success. At Seagate, the possibilities are endless and your potential is unlimited.
Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included