Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion.
As a Manager of Tax, EMEA you will be a key member of the EMEA Tax team and responsible for executing Avery Dennison’s global tax strategy and initiatives throughout the EMEA region. You will report to the Senior European Tax Manager, based in Oegstgeest, Netherlands, at the European Headquarters of Avery Dennison.
In this role you will,
· support the collaboration with tax team colleagues and business stakeholders worldwide
· work in coordination with finance and accounting shared service center teams to align US GAAP, statutory financial statements and local country income tax returns and reporting with the company's complex tax structure
· identify, research and resolve tax and accounting issues
· support M&A: income tax due diligence, structuring, funding
· support audit defense activities across the region
· liaise with external auditors and advisors on special projects and planning initiatives
· analyze, review and monitor transfer pricing analysis, controls and documentation requirements
· 5+ year’s international tax experience in a multinational corporation and/ or Big 4 environment
· Master’s Degree or equivalent in Taxation preferred; Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
· Fluency in English (written and verbal) required; proficiency in German a plus
· Strong tax accounting skills; i.e., U.S. GAAP, ASC 740 and FIN 48 provision experience with a publicly traded corporation
· Experience in EMEA local country income tax matters, transfer pricing and audit defense
· Experience identifying and resolving issues involving international subsidiaries and inter-company transactions is required
· Strong project management skills with the ability to ensure high quality work product is delivered on time
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with executives, operations managers, finance directors and other corporate functions
· Software: experience with MS Office, Hyperion HFM and Oracle
· Flexible and capable of performing in a highly dynamic and fluid business environment
· Ability to travel within the region and overseas to Glendale, California
AVERY DENNISON IS EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK:
We not only embrace change… we drive it. We work hard, push hard, and take brave risks. Our culture is innovative and collaborative - where bold ideas turn into action. We grow strong talent through stretch opportunities only restricted by your interests. We are committed to workplace diversity, both for employees and for the business. We are a force for good, imbedded in industries and communities worldwide. We are challenging ourselves and others to reach higher and think bigger to improve the quality of all life. Avery Dennison is a great place to work for everyone. We offer:
· Workplace Flexibility,
· Structured learning and development
· Mentoring program
· Competitive total rewards
At Avery Dennison we do what we love and we love what we do.
We look forward to receiving your application.