Job ID: R-67150
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. We provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and pioneering spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology innovator.
At Amgen Breda (ABR) medicines are labelled, assembled, stored and eventually shipped to various countries worldwide. Amgen Breda receives its products as semi manufactured goods, which are then packed country specific, stored and eventually shipped to various countries worldwide. Every day more than 600 people in the Netherlands are working on supply chain processes, Engineering, marketing and sales of our medicines and clinical research into new medicines. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this:
Regional Tax Manager
The Regional Tax Manager will assist in a wide variety of income tax matters, such as tax compliance support, transfer pricing matters and support for tax planning projects to the various European affiliates. An important part of the role will involve building relationships and working very closely with the local Finance & Administration function in Europe.
In this role you:
· Support coordination and management of income tax return filing process to ensure that all returns are completed accurately and timely. This will require close collaboration with other Tax Team members and coordination with the local affiliates.
· Provide support in the area of Transfer Pricing by working with other Tax Team members and local affiliates on profitability monitoring. This includes support associated with documentation and will entail close coordination with the regional HQ team.
· Provide support on various tax projects, as needed. This primarily entails assisting the Director & Sen. Manager / Manager, Europe Tax on various international tax initiatives and research of tax issues as they arise and preparation of memos to support tax positions.
· Provide support in tax-systems related initiatives led by other members of the Tax Team aiming at making tax processes more efficient and establishing master data for tax compliance, tax planning and data analytics.
· Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
· Assist in European tax audit work as required.
· Academic degree or equivalent diploma in Accounting / Finance, Tax Law or Tax Economics
· A minimum of 2-3 years of corporate income tax experience with an emphasis on pan-European taxes from one of the Big Four accounting firms or a financial/tax department of a large multi-national company
· High-level experience with respect to European corporate income compliance and planning and basic transfer pricing knowledge
· Demonstrated capability to learn quickly, being open and flexible to changes, in a multi-national environment
· Demonstrates a high level of analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to solve complex problems
· Strong oral as well as written English communication
· Strong interpersonal skills, team player, and highly customer focused
· Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel
· Experience in corporate income taxes within an international finance department
· Experience in Pharmaceutical Industry
· Master’s degree in business taxation or equivalent
· High level in local language or any other major European language (i.e. French, Spanish or German)
Basic SAP knowledge
Why join Amgen?
Amgen is a Fortune 150 company and one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies operating in nearly 100 countries around the world. We are a values-based company, deeply rooted in science and innovation to transform new ideas and discoveries into medicines for patients with serious illnesses.
We invest in highly skilled, dedicated and collaborative individuals who are ready to contribute to our mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of our patients. That’s why, we provide you with valuable opportunities to broaden your experience and maximize your potential in a modern working environment.
We encourage open dialogue and professional debate, and we collaborate with world-class talent and institutions around the globe. We believe in rewarding those who do rewarding work and are committed to providing careers that can help turn the tide of serious, life-interrupting illnesses.