Applied Medical, a global medical device company, invites exceptional individuals to pursue a career in our progressive organization. With approximately 4,000 dedicated team members across the globe and our state-of-the-art manufacturing plants in the United States and The Netherlands, we are one of the fastest growing and most innovative companies in the medical device industry.
Within our European headquarters, located in Amersfoort (NL), we develop, manufacture and support the implementation of our products across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. What connects us all is our common goal to provide exceptionally innovative surgical products that enhance procedures and patient outcomes both clinically and economically.
We are looking for an experienced International Tax Manager (Controller) who will join us in making a positive, meaningful difference. In this versatile role, you are the point of contact for tax issues at our European Headquarters in Amersfoort. Your challenge will be using your knowledge of Dutch tax law and convert this to the other 14 European countries we support.
You will be involved in a wide variety of tax-related activities in Europe. This will include corporate income tax, payroll tax, VAT and import duties. Your contribution enables the business to grow and develop, while simultaneously reducing tax risks and ensuring tax compliance.
The International Tax Manager (Controller) works closely with our Finance and Personnel departments and with our Tax department in the US. This position does not have direct reports.
Within Applied Medical this position has the internal job title of Tax Controller.
· Ensure tax compliance for corporate income tax, payroll tax, VAT and import duties
· Support the Personnel and Payroll team in payroll tax related enquiries
· Support the Finance and Admin teams with VAT related questions
· Review income tax returns before final submission to governmental agencies
· Contribute to the transfer price documentation process
· Proactively contribute to tax awareness in the organization
· Coordinate tax audits for our legal entities throughout Europe
· Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Finance and/or Accounting
· 2-4 years’ work experience in an international tax department is required
· Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial statements
· Good oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English
· Good knowledge of MS office
· Experience with SAP and with accounting is preferred
· Ability to use the knowledge of Dutch tax law for tax laws of other European countries
What we offer
· A challenging position within a fast growing, dynamic and innovative company
· Informal and international work environment with over 30 nationalities
· Good remuneration package including pension and travel allowance
· Opportunity for personal development and continuous learning
· Many teambuilding, wellness and volunteer opportunities
At Applied Medical, we believe in the power of working together to make a positive and meaningful difference. Our common goal is to improve healthcare through meeting the needs of clinicians and patients. Our team members enjoy an environment that allows opportunity for growth and choice in individual career paths as they develop their skills and knowledge. We are dedicated to creating an environment where team members of diverse backgrounds are valued, challenged and acknowledged.
Applied Medical is looking for exceptional people who share in our mission and are driven to make a difference in the lives of others. We look forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter in English.
Please look at our website for more information about our company.
A “Certificate of Good Conduct” (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) is part of our recruitment procedure.