Req Number: Projects02175
Genmab is an international biotechnology company specializing in the invention and development of differentiated human antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other important human diseases.
You will work within the global finance team and be responsible for all global (primarily) corporate tax matters for Genmab. In this role you will work closely together with the business, our legal and financial department and our external advisors.
The Director of Global Tax will report to the SVP Global Finance and can be located in Utrecht, Netherlands or Copenhagen, Denmark.
· Manage transfer pricing, tax planning, tax accounting, tax reporting, and tax compliance processes on a global scale
· Monitor changes in tax legislation, tax rulings, regulations and understand the relevant impact by ultimately recommending and implementing responsive action to existing positions
· Assist with the tax analysis of new business operations and international expansion plans;
· Assist with documentation and registration process for contracts in international locations
· Review tax clauses contained in bids/tenders
· Research and present conclusions on tax issues as and when required
· Develop/maintain processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the company's global transfer pricing policies
· Coordinate and manage international tax audits when required
· Manage international tax returns
· Ensure that general ledger tax accounts are reconciled and that work paper files support the account balances
· Review tax reporting data received from international locations
· Assisting with both internal and external accounting audits
· Acting as point of contact for external advisory services
Skills & Experience
· You hold a MSc+ or equivalent
· You have at least 10+ years experience in the tax industry
· You have worked in a Big 4 company (preferably with pure public background or a mix of public/private exposure)
· Preferably you have worked within the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
· You have experience in working with US and major European markets, experience in the Japanese market is advantageous
· You are heavily experienced across international transfer pricing and corporate tax returns
· You are an excellent communicator in English
· You are able to conduct thorough analysis and develop specific options/recommendations for the business
· You are a highly motivated individual and are able to work efficiently with little day to day oversight
Genmab employees work with determination and with respect for each other, consistent with our core values, to achieve our common goals. We give individuals and teams the autonomy to drive development of innovative products and solutions, knowing that integrity is a core value throughout our company. Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialised people across functions in an informal, multicultural culture, all aiming to make a difference for cancer patients.
Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we therefore ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. We believe that fostering workplace diversity across social, educational, cultural, national, age and gender lines is a prerequisite for the continued success of the company. We are committed to diversity at all levels of the company and strive to recruit employees with the right skills and competences, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
Please note Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in the Netherlands is to offer a temporary agreement for one year, followed by a temporary employment agreement and a contract for indefinite time after two years of employment regardless of seniority.