The company and the department
Robeco, part of Robeco Group, is an international asset manager offering an extensive range of active investments, from equities to bonds. Research lies at the heart of everything we do, with a ‘pioneering but cautious’ approach that has been in our DNA since our foundation in Rotterdam in 1929. We believe strongly in sustainability investing, quantitative techniques and constant innovation. Robeco provides investment services to investment funds and a wide variety of clients through 15 international sales offices in the EU, the US, the Middle-East and Asia.
The responsibilities of Robeco Global Fiscal Affairs are broad and include among others monitoring relevant global tax developments, corporate tax advice, corporate and fund tax compliance and tax accounting, investment funds and investment products tax advice, all within the context of a pure play asset management company and with a strong focus on supporting Robeco's business.
The international footprint of Robeco is rapidly growing. Therefore, at the corporate tax department located in Rotterdam a new position of Senior Tax Specialist has become vacant. You will report to the Head of the tax department and work closely with your colleagues. As you will be working in a small however dedicated team you will have a mix of responsibilities. More specifically you will:
· Work closely with other corporate departments, external advisers and the business in the Netherlands and external advisers to pro-actively flag tax issues and opportunities regarding our corporate tax position. This can be in the area of corporate income tax, transfer pricing and VAT;
· Assess and provide advice on tax issues in (re)structuring and contracts related to investment funds and contracts with clients. This can be in the area of VAT and withholding taxes;
· In cooperation with the head of the tax department monitor the tax position of a number of foreign offices;
· Manage and coordinate tax compliance for these offices (tax returns are outsourced) in close cooperation with local management and external advisor and will be involved in the coordination of tax audits (if any);
· Provide day-to-day advice to foreign offices on any tax related questions regarding investment funds and managed accounts;
· General support to the tax team in day-to-day activities.
To strengthen our team we are looking for a (Senior) Tax Specialist. This function is based in Robeco's new state-of-the-art headquarters in Rotterdam.
The ideal candidate has a university degree in Dutch Tax Law or Fiscal Economics. You have at least 5-6 years working experience, preferably at a multinational or one of the big four accounting/tax firms. You have good knowledge with respect to Dutch and international tax law. Experience and affinity with transfer pricing is required. Furthermore you are keen to take up a wide array of tax issues. You are a team player, service minded and you can work independently. You have a pro-active, down-to-earth attitude and you are analytically strong, while remaining practical and result-oriented. Fluency in English and Dutch is a prerequisite.
A great place to work:
· In a small, professional team with down-to-earth team players who are highly dedicated to the business;
· In a very dynamic and growing international business;
· In a state of the art workplace;
· With excellent conditions.
Please send your resume and motivation (both in English) with reference to vacancy number 337.
All replies will be treated with confidentiality.
An assessment and integrity test forms part of the selection procedure.
This vacancy is open for suitable applicants outside Robeco.