We are looking for candidates for the following position at our Breda office
Tax Counsel (0.6 fte)
With headquarters located in Breda (the Netherlands), Vroon employs about 3,000 professionals in offices around the world and on-board a diverse fleet of around 150 vessels. The Company is active – through various subsidiaries and under different brand names – in the following business segments: livestock carriers; offshore-support vessels; offshore maintenance and engineering services; dry-cargo vessels; container vessels; product tankers; high-heat tankers; car-carriers and vessel-management services. From our Breda head office, approximately 120 staff support the Company’s activities.The Accounting Department provides support to the Company’s Management Companies and shore-based employees worldwide.
You are responsible for managing the tax position of the Vroon Group. You proactively advise the Group and are responsible for setting up strategies, building a control framework and managing compliance. Working in a diverse environment, you adopt a multi-dimensional view, considering commercial, people, financial and operational perspectives.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
· Developing and maintaining the tax-control framework;
· Ensuring tax compliance:
o Review and submission of corporate income tax returns and withholding tax returns;
o Corporate tax accounting for all Companies;
· Managing the direct tax position of the Vroon Group;
o Support and develop the tax strategy from a direct tax perspective;
o Provide business support on international tax matters and tax project work;
o Support and manage tax audits to secure the Vroon Group’s tax position;
· Managing preparation of local TP files and documentation for the Vroon Group:
o Review Group structure and investments for direct tax in light of changing tax legislations (e.g. BEPS, CBCR, ATAD);
· Managing the indirect tax position of the Vroon Group;
o Manage filing of VAT returns, EC Sales Listings, foreign VAT refund requests;
o Ensure local VAT requirements are properly included in the financial systems;
o Provide assistance, advice and training on indirect tax topics;
· Assisting and pro-actively providing advice in the field of (Dutch) wage taxes.
Who are we looking for?
Our preferred candidate has:
· A Master degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics;
· A minimum of four to seven years’ experience in a comparable in-house function or with a ‘Big-4’ company;
· Experience in the maritime or offshore industry;
· A solid and up-to-date knowledge of international corporate income tax;
· Knowledge of Tonnage Tax regimes;
· Excellent written and verbal communication and reporting skills in English and Dutch.
Are you a self-starter, who can work both autonomously and within a team? Do you interact well with stakeholders in a professional and transparent manner? Can you translate complicated rules into practical solutions and explain these to the business in an understandable way? If you recognise yourself in this description, do not hesitate to send your application (in English) including your Curriculum Vitae.