In this role, you have the opportunity to
You will contribute to the preparation and filing of the different direct tax compliance and reporting obligations in the Netherlands. This includes engaging with Philips Businesses and Functions, such as Finance, Legal, M&A, Treasury on tax related matters, and teaming-up with colleagues in Group Tax (Functional specialists and Country/Markets Tax Managers).
You are responsible for
· Support the preparation and documentation of the Dutch corporate income tax returns;
· Monitor overall compliance status and respective communication with the Dutch tax authorities;
· Support tax accounting and internal control processes in respect of Dutch taxes;
· Advice business on application of tax treaties and prepare related applications;
· Prepare the annual Dutch dividend withholding tax return of Royal Philips NV;
· Actively support colleagues in their tasks through the sharing of information and knowledge.
The position focusses on Dutch tax compliance which requires knowledge of the broader Dutch tax regulations.
You are a part of
The position is based in Eindhoven, where you will be part of a small team of tax specialists. Limited travel to the Group Tax headquarter in Amsterdam will be required. The Tax Specialist reports to the Market Tax Manager Benelux in Amsterdam.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· A bachelor's/master’s degree, preferably a mix of tax and economics/accounting
· Up to 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role (either in-house or through an international advisory firm)
· Affinity with IT systems and solutions as well as solid Excel skills
· Understanding of IFRS and translations to tax
· Strong analytical skills and eye for detail
· A team player with a problem solving attitude
In return, we offer you
We offer an interesting position in a very dynamic and high performing team. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with many learning opportunities. Our benefits are competitive and designed around your preferences:
· 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
· A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
· Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
· Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
· Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Embrace the unexpected
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while transforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
For US applicants only: It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.