Experience 5-10 Experienced
Functional Area Finance & Accounting
Background Business Economics Business Administration
ASML’s Corporate Tax Affairs team currently includes 30 tax professionals residing in the Netherlands based worldwide HQ (20), the Hong Kong based regional HQ for Asia (7) and the US based regional HQ for US (3). ASML Corporate Tax Department is responsible for ASML’s fiscal affairs in all jurisdictions ASML operates in. Tax compliancy is the responsibility of Tax Support, which is reporting into the Finance Department and with a dotted line into the Tax Department. Like the Tax Department, tax Support is regionally organized, with a Tax Support team located in the Veldhoven office. Tax Department is accountable for the tax compliancy. For tax compliance so-called “Tax Control Frameworks” and related processes have been designed to monitor and control correct and timely execution, whereas external tax consultants are engaged for local tax technical and resources support. The flat ASML organization and X-sector approach for addressing business challenges allows the Corporate Tax Affairs team to closely interact with the company operations, manage tax risks and provide for tax planning ideas according to the global Tax Strategy. Having entered into a voluntary disclosure arrangement with Netherlands tax authorities, the Corporate Tax Affairs team has successfully worked on enhancing the relationship with the local tax authorities to resolve tax issues prior to filing. New developments such as ATAD I and II and DAC6 are closely monitored and acted upon when needed. Headquarters group is responsible for coordinating WW tax planning and all Dutch and EMEA tax matters. The EMEA region includes EU jurisdictions, Israel and Russia.
This position will report to the Director Corporate Tax Affairs EMEA/HQ and will be one of three senior tax managers who are jointly responsible for EMEA and HQ tax matters. The job will require internal interfaces with all ASML departments and Senior Management and external interfaces with outside counsel and consultants, tax authorities and other (governmental) institutions. When being part of the Corporate Tax Affairs team, you’ll face demanding challenges and enjoy the freedom to operate and do what is good for the company.
· Support and execute the global tax strategy of the ASML group of companies; Contribute and ensure adherence to the regional tax strategy, seamlessly connecting to the Global Tax Strategy for the ASML Group;
· Ensure the design, integration and maintaining of an effective and efficient intercompany pricing and intercompany financing structure, in compliance with all applicable tax laws and regulations;
· Provide efficient tax advice to senior management based on expected future developments, including advice on cross border transactions and merger and acquisitions;
· Participate in cross sector projects as representative of the EMEA Tax Team;
· Ensure the managing of various regional tax projects and outside consultants;
· Advice on corporate income tax, withholding taxes and other taxes;
· Monitor and enhance the tax control framework for EMEA;
· Review tax compliance;
· Manage tax audits and tax exposures;
· Participate in the quarterly tax accounting process (US GAAP Tax Provision);
· Review group structure and investments in light of changing tax legislations (e.g. BEPS) and derivative local legislation;
· Contribute to the knowledge database as a corporate memory and communication tool and establish a network of outside counsel and specialists.
· Academic Dutch Tax Law or Economic Tax degree Keen interest in developing and maintaining tax technical knowledge
· 8+ years’ experience in international tax arena preferably as an inhouse tax counsel or within a big four environment or similar environment.
· Able to develop a vision and execute accordingly, able to weigh risks and benefits and act on these,
· Be a self-starter and ability work and function well in a team.
· Flexible, pro-active and communicative personality who is able to act as a professional business partner in a highly demanding and very busy technology environment.
· Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate tax matters to the interested lay person and ability to convince people.
· Able to build relationships and influence other functional areas.
· A strategic mindset while having the ability to translate strategy into actionable objectives (short, medium and long-term).
· Team player with a flexible & pro-active attitude.
· Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing environment.
· Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions.
· Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines
· Show ownership of issues from start to finalization.
· Language skillsFluent in English, both oral and written.
· ASML is open to both full time as well as part time employment.
Some travel will be required.