Do you want to develop yourself while working in a fast-paced and continuous changing international environment? You like to contribute to the success of an organization and you are not afraid of a challenge? Then we might have an interesting opportunity for you to join us as a:
VAT Compliance & Reporting Assistant
What to expect?
At LG, we deliver products and services that makes live better, easier and happier though increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make sure “Life’s Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
In order to do so, we employ roughly 150 employees at our office in Amstelveen, the Netherlands, divided over two entities, being LG Electronics Benelux Sales B.V. and LG Electronics European Shared Service Center B.V.
What will you do?
You will join the European Tax (ETX) Team which is responsible for handling VAT issues of the European Sales subsidiaries.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Perform VAT general ledger accounts reconciliation and analysis;
· Ensure that (EU) VAT is applied and booked according local VAT guidelines;
· Prepare monthly and quarterly VAT returns, EU Sales listings and intrastat reports for affiliated companies;
· Liaising with affiliated companies on VAT compliance issues and ensuring that deadlines are met;
· Ad-hoc VAT projects.
What do we offer you?
· A career at a global leading company which is continuously developing (never a dull moment);
· A fulltime - 40 hours per week - job;
· Secondary benefits like an annual performance related bonus, collective healthcare insurance and pension premium contribution;
· And of course the possibility to purchase our beautiful products with discount;
Who are you?
· A Bachelor or Master degree in Finance or Accounting;
· 1-2 years working experience in a similar function is a plus;
· Previous experience of VAT would be beneficial although it is not essential as training will be provided.
· Fluent in English both verbal and written;
· Advanced user with Excel;
· Possess ability to analyze and interpret information;
· Customer orientation;
· Planning & organizing;
· Communication skills;
Thanks for taking the time to read our vacancy.