It's an exciting time to join Netflix; present in over 190 countries with members enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen; they can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth.
We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax reporting to the Manager, Production Tax. You will support the day-to-day tax operations of and provide tax planning and structuring support for Netflix’s growing studio production business. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
· Research and develop a thorough understanding of domestic and international film & television production incentives
· Assist the production finance teams with evaluating and obtaining production incentives (both domestic and international), including providing support throughout the application, audit, and monetization phases
· Provide tax support and advice to the production teams, especially regarding withholding and indirect taxes
· Coordinate with external advisors and the broader tax compliance and provision teams to review international statutory accounts and tax returns, ensure incentive compliance, and maximize internal utilization
· Work closely with physical production, production finance, treasury, legal and business and legal affairs across all production verticals on various business, tax and incentive planning matters
· Track the estimated value of the incentives across their lifecycles, and liaise with the content accounting team on the financial reporting of the incentives
· Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation
· Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation, and assist in defining and implementing appropriate international tax planning strategies
· We find that individuals coming from a studio or public accounting firm are most likely to be suited to this unique challenge.
· 5 + years of experience, including tax advisory or industry experience
· Masters in Taxation or similar qualification required
· Ability to work proactively and independently across multiple time zones required
· Experience in tax issues relating to studio productions preferred
· International tax consulting experience preferred
· Fluent English is a requirement, additional languages a big plus!