We are currently looking for Tax Consultant that will ensure that the company complies with applicable tax laws (including tax compliance and filing requirements).
· Ensure that tax is recorded accurately and fairly in company’s financial books and records.
· Ensure the provision of timely and accurate tax advice to company’s internal departments.
· Compliance with applicable tax laws
· Review/assistance with corporate income tax returns for various companies (both NL, Germany, Czech Republic, Russia and other locations where we have active projects).
· Review/assistance with correspondence with local tax advisors and tax authorities (including assistance with response, research of technical points etc).
· Review/assistance with calculation of tax payments.
· Prepare/Review/assistance with transfer pricing documentation and compliance.
· Review/assistance with indirect tax (e.g. VAT) compliance.
· Review/assistance with ad hoc employment tax queries.
· Review/assistance with tax procedures and processes (to include training of local Finance departments).
· Liaise with Tax, local and corporate Finance depts., external advisors and tax authorities as necessary.
· Accurate and fair recording of tax
· Review/assistance with quarterly tax returns (US GAAP reporting) and review of tax journals.
· Review/assistance with tax provisions in local GAAP financial statements.
· Liaise with Tax, local and corporate Finance departments, external advisers and external auditors as necessary.
· Provision of tax advice
· Research of tax regimes applying in different countries.
· Provide tax advice through the project life-cycle (from bid to execution).
· Provide tax advice on the various companies and branches.
· Assist with project work, e.g. Research and Development claims, opening and closing of legal entities.
· Keep company’s internal departments up-to-date with tax changes in relevant countries, and their impact on company
· Liaise with Tax, local and corporate Finance departments, other company departments, and external advisers as necessary.
· To assist International Tax Director (NL) in providing tax services primarily in the EARC region.
· With HBO- Tax or university degree in fiscal economy or tax law.
· Must have 3-5 years post qualifying experience in the Netherlands.
· Corporate income tax specialist with good all round exposure to international tax.
· Good accounting skills.
· Fluent in Dutch and English language.
· Able to provide a professional service whatever the work is (i.e. from the straightforward and the routine to the highly complex).
· Able to work to tight and shifting deadlines and priorities.
· Able to research, assess, propose and implement workable solutions.
· Able to advise from a corporate perspective, not just a local or regional perspective.
· Able to explain tax clearly to others.
· Able to both work with minimal supervision, but as part of an integrated Tax team.
· Able to pay attention to detail.
· Able to accommodate a work pattern that requires telephone liaison with US, UK and as necessary with offices in APA and MENA region, as well as within EARC region.
· Able to travel overseas for meetings as required.
· Chartered Accountant or other accounting qualification.
· Worked in the tax department of a multi-national company based in the energy, mining, engineering or construction sectors. Experience with US GAAP and statutory accounting (IFRS).
· Working knowledge of contractor tax issues.
· Working knowledge of indirect tax and employee tax.
· Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.