REQUISITION NUMBER: 209635
Your tomorrow starts today
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®
In Country Tax and Treasury Director
We are looking for an In Country Tax and Treasury (ICTC) Director. The director will be responsible for the newly formed Dutch knowledge hub for Tax and Treasury. You will report to the CFO for Mars Nederland, but with a reporting responsibility to Mars Global Treasury and Tax. Mars Nederland plays a significant role within the Mars Group as both one of the largest production sites as well as a Holding entity for over twenty Mars entities worldwide. With this comes the responsibility to cooperate with Mars Global Treasury and Tax on tax optimization. This includes monitoring changes in (Dutch) legislation, tax rulings, and regulations, understanding and communicating the relevant impact of this to corporate Mars and recommend responsive actions to existing positions.
You have at least 8 years of relevant tax experience obtained within a national (Dutch) or general tax advisory practice (VPB Adviespraktijk). Experience as an in-house tax specialist is a benefit. You are fluent in Dutch and English.
Tasks and responsibilities ICTC Director
· Lead the Dutch ICTC team. Recruit, engage and develop a team of three direct reports to deliver quality tax and treasury activities
· Manage the operational tax and treasury activities for all Dutch entities in the Mars group
· Drive and deploy the Tax and Treasury strategic agenda to bring synergies and efficiencies in the ICTC and the Dutch entities
· Be the single point of contact for the Dutch business units, Global Tax and Treasury and Corporate headquarters
· Provide tax support to the various departments
· Monitor changes in tax legislation, tax rulings, regulations and understand the relevant impact by ultimately recommending and implementing responsive action to existing positions
· Assist with the tax analysis of new business operations and international expansion plans; support with tax planning
· Develop the Tax Risk Control Framework, provide audit support
· Effectively manage relationships with outside tax advisors, internal and external auditors, and tax authorities
· Manage the preparation and review of the Group’s tax reporting, exposures and the associated compliance obligations
· Manage the Bank Relationship(s) for the cash management bank(s) in the Netherlands
· Ensure the cash repatriation plan is executed in alignment with Global Treasury and Tax
· Coordinate the corporate income tax return on behalf of the Dutch fiscal unity
· Assist in implementing and monitoring global transfer pricing strategy and documentation in relation to financial transaction
· Support to contracts in coordination with legal and finance departments
Profile ICTC Director
· Academic degree in fiscal law or fiscal economics
· At least 8 years of relevant tax experience (in-house and/or international tax advisory practice (Vpb) or a more general tax advisory practice with international accents)
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills in order to interact with finance staff and senior management
· Strong organizational skills;
· Experience with designing and implementation of (changes in) a new operating model within a multinational company.
· Experience with integration of newly acquired entities (post-merger integrations)
· Strong business sense and capable to work with various people within the organization
· Independent, enthusiastic, informal, perseverant and a self-starter
A global workplace with no walls, no borders and no limits
Your time at Mars should be something you enjoy – really enjoy. We want you to have fun, be challenged and explore your skills every day. No matter what skills you have, we always want you to achieve more. To help you along the way, we take your career development seriously. You experience a culture that affords you with lots of freedom, responsibility and ownership of your work.
This is how we encourage your learning and development:
· Unique development programs provided by our award-winning Mars University
· Your Personal Development Plan with goals, future plans and triggers for salary reviews
· Flexible working hours and 25 days of annual leave
· Great perks that make your life easier and more fun, including open offices, fun freebies, corporate gym memberships, your own company pension scheme and life insurance
Do what you love and love what you do. Are you up for a career at Mars?
Let a job at Mars be more than just a job: apply online and start your journey.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.