Company Name: Basell Service Company B.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polymer compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies.
Our vision, mission, values and leadership principles drive how we behave, how we interact and how we will consistently deliver outstanding results.
This position is part of the Global tax team and reports to the Director Global Transfer Pricing. The purpose of this role is to work collaboratively with the global tax team to ensure proper transfer pricing work (TP planning, analysis, documentation, agreements, reacting on now tax regulations) and compliance with respect to transfer pricing. Furthermore this role will assist in identifying and implementing technical solutions for transfer pricing and direct tax. This role might have managerial responsibility for currently 1 direct report. There is a requirement for this position to coordinate, steer, inspire and lead the direct report and people within the Finance organization to prepare and support the tax position per entity/ jurisdiction.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Work within a group of Tax and Finance Professionals responsible for global transfer pricing;
· Monitor intercompany transactions and identify opportunities to enhance transfer price setting and to set up tax effective structures;
· Review and coordinate transfer pricing guidelines with the applicable business leaders;
· Preparing global transfer pricing documentation including;
· Ensure full compliance with the transfer pricing rules and documentation requirements of the local jurisdictions;
· Perform detailed analysis on the transfer pricing methods employed and evaluate whether such methods are appropriate;
· Reviewing and maintaining contemporaneous audit-ready transfer pricing documentation for certain jurisdictions, such that the documentation complies with the relevant transfer pricing requirements and supports tax-return positions so as to withstand audit inquiries;
· Independently review and test intercompany transactions to determine whether adjustments should be made to the transfer prices and to ensure such changes are executed accurately;
· Prepare clear and concise technical tax memoranda;
· Develop business relationships with key Company constituencies;
· Assist with special projects as needed;
· Assist in training and developing staff.
These duties do not represent an exhaustive list and it is expected that the role will adapt to meet the needs of the department and Company by responding to challenges in a proactive and effective way as required.
· Master’s degree in Law, Accounting or Finance;
· Typically 8 to 12 years’ work experience ideally within a large corporate tax environment and/or big 4 accounting firm;
· Transfer pricing experience for at least 3 years;
· Must be able to perform technical research and write tax technical memorandums;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
· Work well with others and have the ability to develop/supervise and influence others;
· Work with minimal supervision;
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
· Highly self-motivated; takes initiative; identifies and addresses issues; works efficiently with attention to detail;
· Demonstrated skills in project management and capable of identifying and capturing process improvement opportunities.
· SAP experience a plus
· Supervisory experience a plus
What do we offer:
We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. You get the freedom to take a range of responsibilities in a rapidly evolving environment. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and real opportunities for growth.
Our recruitment process:
If your application is successful, we arrange for a telephone interview to take place. If this telephone interview is successful, we will invite you for a face to face interview, in most cases there will be two rounds of these interviews. In case the location of the interviewers is different from the location you are based out of, we will arrange for a virtual interview. You will have the opportunity to ask us any further questions about the role and benefits.