Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Our business is growing rapidly and we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunities.
We’re on the hunt for a passionate and talented accounting and compliance professional who would be part of our international tax team located in Amsterdam.
We’re looking for someone with an accounting background that can assist with our reporting and compliance obligations globally for our EMEA entities, including:
· Tax compliance: Assist with income tax, withholding tax and VAT compliance, including tracking and reporting of taxes, the arrangement of payments to the tax authorities, etc.
· Tax registrations: Interacting with third-party consultants on new tax registrations and setting up compliance processes.
· Month-end tax accounting close: creating journal entries, monitoring tax accounts positions and performing account reconciliations for all EMEA entities.
This role is positioned for growth as our business scales up. Relevant experience in the areas mentioned will be key when applying for the role.
We are looking for someone who is:
· A self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects
· A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
· Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
· Proactive, hands-on and innovative
· Curious and enthusiastic, unafraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
· Highly accurate and detail-oriented
· Flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple time zones
· Willing to travel to our offices overseas once or twice per year
Education and Experience:
· 7+ years of experience dealing in month-end close and tax compliance
· A combination of public accounting experience and in-house experience is preferred
· Experience working with international accounting and tax requirements
· Undergraduate or Advanced degree in Finance or Accounting
· Advanced MS Excel and Google Sheets experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
· Project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
· Experience in the entertainment/tech industry is a plus
· Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud-based ERP systems is a plus
· Fluent in English; other regional languages are helpful