Duration: 4-6 months
Please Note: Candidates must be enrolled in higher education for the full duration of this internship.
The internship assignment
The International Tax department of Tesla in Amsterdam consists of six employees and is responsible for all tax matters in the EMEA region. As a member of our organization, you will be part of multidisciplinary team in one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the world.
As an intern in the Tesla International Tax department, you will get involved in variety of ongoing tax projects and tax audits. Because the company is aggressively expanding its footprint and tax legislation changes all the time, an exact description of the projects and activities is difficult to provide. Suitable projects will be determined as and when they arise and the candidate will work together with both the Corporate Income Tax and the VAT team members of the tax group.
You will be expected to make a meaningful contribution in the following areas:
Assist in managing various ongoing tax audits throughout EMEA;
Involvement in various tax optimization projects;
· Contribute to managing the automation of the tax compliance and tax accounting processes;
· Development of descriptions for tax and tax-related processes, as well as the development of control frameworks in certain countries;
· Research tax topics which are relevant to the group and report findings back to the team;
· Take initiatives to further develop the reporting by the tax group towards other stakeholders across the company.
Learning goals & tasks
As part of this internship you will gain experience in:
· International corporate taxes;
· Value added tax throughout EMEA;
· Assisting in managing tax audits;
· Researching tax topics;
· Developing process descriptions;
· Learn the value of the role of tax within an international organization; and
· Understand how to manage of tax risks and to drive projects to optimize taxes.
All training will be on the job. At the end of the internship you should be reasonably comfortable acting as an in-house tax specialist and deliver a meaningful contribution to the team.
· Fluency in English (other languages are a pre)
· BSc, MSc in Fiscal Economics, LLB or LLM in Tax Law (or in Accounting or Finance with a keen interest in taxation)
· Flexible working-attitude and feeling at home in a challenging yet informal corporate environment