It's an exciting time to join Netflix; present in over 190 countries with members enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth.
We’re looking for a passionate and talented indirect tax professional to further build out our Indirect Tax Team in Amsterdam. We’re looking for someone with an indirect tax background to assist us with our ever increasing tax advisory needs as we continue to grow. Think of troubleshooting for internal and external business partners and running projects to stay ahead of the game. The ideal candidate has a strong fit with Netflix values, can collaborate well across the organization and has a hands-on mentality.
We are looking for someone who is:
· A self-starter - able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects
· A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and cross-functional internal teams (who don’t speak tax)
· Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting various tight deadlines
· Proactive, hands-on and innovative
· Curious and enthusiastic - not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo, and above all willing to learn
· Flexible to collaborate with our international offices across multiple time zones
· Flexible to travel as required
· Provide support in partnering cross-functionally, with teams ranging from legal to finance and from treasury to finance operations / accounts payable,
· Dealing with external advisors on indirect tax questions
· Support and analyze the indirect tax aspects of our EMEA expansion, including new markets entry and cross-border transactions
· Research complex indirect tax issues, prepare technical documentation and assist on the indirect tax aspects of special projects
· Assist in reviewing contracts to ensure key indirect tax deal terms are consistent with our global tax structure and our global tax position
· Monitor proposed changes to indirect tax law and regulations in the EMEA region (130+ countries)
· Support the indirect tax aspects of audits in the EMEA region
· Assist and collaborate with the Tax Compliance Team
· 3+ years of experience in Indirect Tax, in a larger tax firm and/or in-house (preferably at a tech or entertainment company)
· Law degree or CPA equivalent and/or advanced degree in Taxation
· Experience with a broad range of international indirect tax reporting and advisory work, preferably (but not limited to) digital services to support the streaming side of the business, as well as domestic and cross border supply of goods and services to support the original content side of the business
· Fluent English skills, other language skills are valued
· An incredible will to learn, grow and excel
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility.