Booking.com, part of Booking Holdings (previously the Priceline Group) listed at NASDAQ, is Planet Earth’s #1 Accommodation Site. Every day, more than 1.5 million room nights are reserved through our website. We are growing rapidly, innovating our business and shaping the OTA industry.
Due to the ongoing development of new Booking.com products (i.e. adding other travel related products on our platform) ánd global indirect tax regulation changes, we are looking for additional expertise to grow our Indirect Tax team. The main focus of this position is managing all tax matters related to VAT, GST and other indirect taxes for Booking.com, including the compliance with tax regulation in all countries where we operate as a business. You will also manage the relationships with our tax advisors.
You will be part of the international Finance team of the Booking.com group (approx. 500 professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam).
As an Indirect Tax Manager you will work for Booking.com in Amsterdam (Booking.com’s headquarters), where our entire tax department sits. You will report directly into one of the Senior Tax Managers. The tax department currently consists of 19 persons, responsible for various disciplines (CIT, TP, VAT and Tax accounting).
The role involves close interaction with our entire tax team, our parent company (Booking Holdings based in Norwalk, Connecticut), our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have excellent management and communication skills in English.
Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
· Project Manage, monitor and maintain tax compliance on indirect tax across the business;
· Support in planning strategies;
· Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within the group;
· Ensure compliancy with local indirect tax rules and regulations;
· Project/coordination responsibilities;
· Answer daily ad-hoc tax issues, this can also be in the area of CIT, VAT, Wage Tax, WHT, etc.;
· Coordinate the work of our tax advisors;
· Interface with outside advisors to manage the international structure.
· University degree in Tax Economics/Law or similar degree;
· Preferably around 6-8 years of working experience within a big 4 and/or international environment;
· Familiar with digital economy/e-commerce challenges in relation to indirect taxes;
· Combination of experience with tax compliance/accounting is preferred;
· Excellent knowledge of the International indirect tax regulation.
· Self-starter, flexible, energetic, passionate, self-motivated, and results-oriented professional;
· Accurate, able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast turnaround environment;
· Ability to think strategically, multi-task, and work effectively and efficiently with minimum direction, taking ownership of tasks and responsibilities;
· To be able to clearly express ideas and information to others and flex your style according to the specific situation and audience;
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management;
· Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously;
· Organized, proactive, common sense and results oriented;
· Ability to be a hands-on deliverer;
· Self-aware with an appetite for self-improvement, managing and developing your experience and skills;
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English.