Booking.com B.V. in Amsterdam (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing accommodation markets. Do you like to work for a fast growing dynamic organisation? Do you like to work with people? Are you an ambitious self-starter? Would you like to work for a diverse, international and multicultural organisation? Are you creative with an out-of-the-box mindset? Do you have experience with indirect taxes? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we are looking for you. Take charge of your career and apply now!
For the Corporate Accounting team, we are looking for an enthusiastic Sr Tax and Compliance Accountant that can assist with our compliance obligations globally. The focus of this position is on managing all tax matters related to VAT, GST and other indirect taxes for Booking.com from an accounting perspective. Your critical mindset, ability to multi-task and manage stakeholders and excellent technical accounting knowledge will help you to accomplish this.
SAP, project related experience and ability to work with cross functional teams is preferable. You will report to the Controller and work closely together with other departments in our Amsterdam office. You do not need to be an indirect tax expert but you should have an appreciation for setting up processes and working with multiple stakeholders.
· Assist with VAT, GST and other indirect tax processes, including tracking and reporting of taxes;
· Setup of VAT, GST and other indirect tax processes when we have new legislation in the countries where we operate as a business;
· Manage stakeholders such as Billing, IT, Tax, and Risk & controls during the setup of new processes to ensure compliance with accounting standards;
· Work with our central Tax team to ensure compliance with local indirect tax rules and regulations;
· Interact with external advisors on new tax registrations and set up compliance processes;
· Review tax filings prepared by outsourced providers and ensure quality and timeliness of filings;
· Provide support and documentation for tax audits in various jurisdictions;
· Maintain part of the general ledger of Booking.com BV and the NL group of entities;
· Closely involved in month end process including preparation and review of journal entries, monitoring VAT account positions and performing account reconciliations;
· Preparation of monthly closing reports in accordance with US GAAP;
· Review of own accounting work and that of others;
· Proactive communication of potential issues to the Controller;
· Actively drive continuous process improvements and innovations;
· Co-ensure all procedures and controls within the Finance department are, and remain, SOX compliant;
· Manage ad hoc accounting and operational assignments;
· The tasks and responsibilities may change over time.
· 5+ years of (general ledger) accounting experience;
· Indirect tax experience;
· Relevant accounting degree as for example SPD, ACCA or Bachelor Accounting level;
· Being able to cope with dynamic and high change environment;
· Critical and able to deal with complex accounting reconciliation;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Enthusiastic, proactive and full of initiatives;
· Can do mentality;
· Creative and critical thinker;
· Being able to prioritise;
· Accurate and analytical, responsible and take ownership;
· Strong IT experience in financial systems, including SAP, is preferable
· Ambitious and inquisitive attitude
· Fluent in spoken and written English