Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a champion to lead our accounting operations in Latin America. If you are an enthusiastic, self-driven problem solver, have relevant experience and great communication skills, this is the perfect time to join our fast-growing accounting team!
What You'll Do:
· As our EMEA Indirect Tax Senior, you will be responsible of ensuring compliance with EMEA indirect tax requirements
· Plan, prepare, and manage monthly indirect tax filings and associated financial accrual for all EMEA jurisdictions, including managing and reviewing 3rd party service provider's activities
· Advise on impact of EMEA import duties and taxes to improve supply chain
· Provide expertise and oversee the implementation of EMEA tax billing and taxing systems
· Manage and ensure efficient closing of all EMEA indirect tax audits and tax assessment notices
· Guide other teams to establish and refine tax policies, processes and system workflows to better match Bird’s EMEA business operations
· Work with various departments on indirect tax implications as Bird launches in new EMEA markets
What You'll Need:
· 5+ years of Accounting and Tax experience in both public and private settings
· CPA or equivalent
· Prior Big 4 public accounting experience
· Experience implementing new systems, processes, and control environments
· Strong understanding of EMEA Tax regulations surrounding VAT and import duties
· Fluency in English and Dutch
What Will Be An Advantage To Have:
· NetSuite experience is a plus
· Supply Chain & Tech Company background is a plus
· Great if not amazing sense of humour
What You'll Get From Us:
· Vital role for our organisation with great impact and visibility
· Being part of a very diverse, smart and one of a kind team where new ideas are celebrated and encouraged
· We really play as a team all the way
· Great room for development within the team and across other teams
· We all have an “always pass on what you have learned” attitude
· Working for a company that’s revolutionising the mobility market and making a massively positive impact in our cities and to the environment
· Great and extremely informal atmosphere
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.